Which Weapon/Skills Would Be Best For Condi Build?

Akisohida.8963

20 minutes ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

I assume Axe at level 80, but before 80; which skill trees and weapons would be good for a Condi Mesmer?

I'm thinking Scepter/Torch? I would have thought Staff but it only has maybe 2 damaging conditions.

axe is only on mirage, but yes, axe+pistol with duelling or axe + torch is good, staff is great on mirage. basically if you want to play condi, you kind of have to go mirage. with condi Mesmer, 50 percent of your condi comes from your clone auto attacking, and that is also where most of the staff damage is, auto attack.

although before 80 you don't have to worry that much with performance, just choose which weapon you like, especially since everything die really fast in core.

Here is a build I would use for mesmer levelling if i am doing condi, this absolutely is not optimal damage, but this makes you basically unkillable. swap inspiration with duelling and take  3 1 2 for damage, and change torch to pistol.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAs+ZlVwQYJsD2Ie6S7LfA-zRIUb09DA-e

once again, don't worry about gearing until 80, just take everything with condition damage during levelling and you would be fine

Edited by AXLIB.8425
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

axe is only on mirage, but yes, axe+pistol with duelling or axe + torch is good, staff is great on mirage. basically if you want to play condi, you kind of have to go mirage. with condi Mesmer, 50 percent of your condi comes from your clone auto attacking, and that is also where most of the staff damage is, auto attack.

although before 80 you don't have to worry that much with performance, just choose which weapon you like, especially since everything die really fast in core.

Here is a build I would use for mesmer levelling if i am doing condi, this absolutely is not optimal damage, but this makes you basically unkillable. swap inspiration with duelling and take  3 1 2 for damage, and change torch to pistol.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAs+ZlVwQYJsD2Ie6S7LfA-zRIUb09DA-e

once again, don't worry about gearing until 80, just take everything with condition damage during levelling and you would be fine

Pistol? Can you explain to me why pistol? Is it just the chance of bleeding trait? Because Mesmer Pistol skills don't do condi damage on their own.

26 minutes ago, Akisohida.8963 said:

I assume Axe at level 80, but before 80; which skill trees and weapons would be good for a Condi Mesmer?

I'm thinking Scepter/Torch? I would have thought Staff but it only has maybe 2 damaging conditions.

Staff is amazing for soloing bosses. 

Honestly before 80 and in the open world in general, condi sucks compared to power. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Akisohida.8963 said:

Pistol? Can you explain to me why pistol? Is it just the chance of bleeding trait? Because Mesmer Pistol skills don't do condi damage on their own.

yeah with duelling trait you can make every single attack on pistol cause bleed, the chance is 100 percent, and due to how bad torch phantasm is, traited pistol is actually more condi damage then torch 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

Honestly before 80 and in the open world in general, condi sucks compared to power. 

Yeah but I like to have a goal to work towards.

1 minute ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

yeah with duelling trait you can make every single attack on pistol cause bleed, the chance is 100 percent, and due to how bad torch phantasm is, traited pistol is actually more condi damage then torch 

Ahh, pistol it is, then.

3 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

especially on core mesmer, you don't really have a single utility that is not signet that help with condi, and most damage on core memer is kind of shatter, which will actually cause you to loose dps on condi if you are not great with clone management.

• Thanks 1

Staff is more than good. the autos are great in 1v2+ scenario and that also makes the staff clones pretty solid, compensating for it's lower illusion generation compared to scepter. You also get condies from chaos armor, which you can apply twice with it (skill 4, and then skill 5+2 combo). 2 phantasms, which when traited can be of major use (might generation, nice power damage)..

Yeah, staffs really solid on mesmer, unlike necro one.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

My full condi gear complement:

x2 Staff.  For Staff Mirage you equip them both and weapon swap to gain dodges via sigil of Energy.  

x1 Scepter.  It is used mostly in WvW/PvP, but it is a good backup ranged weapon in case Staff gets nerfed or Scepter gets buffed.

x1 Torch:  Pretty Self-Explanatory

x1 Pistol:  This is good with the trait in dueling that gives it bleeds.

x1 Axe:  For mirages.  Highest damage condi weapon they have.

x1 Focus: This is a weird one.  See, the pull from skill 4 is one of the best in the game, and it's use becomes necessary in certain places.  Though the focus does almost no damage at all, if you run pure damage weapons you'll find yourself wishing you could pull all of the enemies together and DPS them down.