Scourge Nerfs: Good thing, but wrong direction

Yakuzai.6593

Thing is, scourge is stupid in pvp - i think everyone agrees. In my opinion, the only unfair aspect of scourge are his barriers. I dont care if they can corrupt my boons or steal them. The only unfair aspect are his barriers. I mean let scourge steal all my boons, let scourge even corrupt them, but dont just reduce the barrier amount, reduce the barrier duration. 

Currently when iam fighting against a Scourge the only, problem is that i dont reach his health bar because of that perma barriers that take half of their health bars and last for a whole rotation of mine or even longer. By reducing the barrier duration, the barrier would not be something that the scourge can simply spam brain afk all the time - no it would become more of a situational skill that requieres decision making and would be much fairer to fight against. If the duration would be like dunno, 2 secs or so, i wouldnt even mind if the barriers would be then even bigger and would have other perkz as life regen or so. But i think 4k barrier, that lasts for like an eternity is still a lot, paired with the tank build that almost every scourge plays (toughness/vitality stacking). 

Edited by Yakuzai.6593
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Yakuzai.6593 changed the title to Scourge Nerfs: Good thing, but wrong direction
1 hour ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

Just remove Scourge from PvP. It is so fundamentally broken in a PvP context. Just let it fulfil it's role in PvE and WvW to an extent and disable it in PvP entirely.

Ah i see the mesmer route, well it definitely did kill all the mesmers in pvp you maybe on to something here. Anet just didn't say it outloud.

But low key they like.

You can still PvE Mesmers.

Edited by Genesis.5169
Clarity

1 hour ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

Just remove Scourge from PvP. It is so fundamentally broken in a PvP context. Just let it fulfil it's role in PvE and WvW to an extent and disable it in PvP entirely.

Right?! I mean they had no problem deleting FB from pvp because symbols were not healthy for pvp yet scourge gets a pass? Makes no sense.

• Like 1