Tutorial Mastery - Plains of Ashford: Barradin's Vault Bug?

I have obtained the POI, and also done the event for Barradin's Vault in Plains of Ashford. 

Is there any reason I am missing as to why the achievement Tutorial Mastery - Plains of Ashford: POI Barradin's Vault is not completing in my achievement logs?

Just trying to  finish off these tutorial mastery achievement steps and I  think I came  onto a bug? Not sure though.

Edited by Kazumm.4670

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Is it possible that character was on the map prior to the release of the Tutorial Achievement? 

Nah its  known bug were if you unlock a poi in story it dont count.

OP take your charr to either asura, norn, human or sylvari lvl 1-10 map and complete it that way.

The current character I am doing it on is lvl 80 and Human. THis character was made 50 days ago.

I may have first unlocked the POI back in 2013-2015 when i first  made a  Charr  and got it to level 40. Maybe before Tutorial Mastery was released? Now theres no way  to pop the achievement even if the POI is picked up on a new character?

Not really sure what's going on with  it. I found some old posts about this  achievement bugging out back in about  2015. I think it was fixed overall but I had   part of it done before the bug fix. It  could be  possible it bugged my  achievement log?

Edited by Kazumm.4670

21 minutes ago, Kazumm.4670 said:

The current character I am doing it on is lvl 80 and Human. THis character was made 50 days ago.

I may have first unlocked the POI back in 2013-2015 when i first  made a  Charr  and got it to level 40. Maybe before Tutorial Mastery was released? Now theres no way  to pop the achievement even if the POI is picked up on a new character?

Not really sure what's going on with  it. I found some old posts about this  achievement bugging out back in about  2015. I think it was fixed overall but I had   part of it done before the bug fix. It  could be  possible it bugged my  achievement log?

Yes a fresh character that is not a charr will get it to pop since charrs get it in their personal story and that make it not count.

This is a new character. Only 7 weeks old? Just did the POI  on it for the first time and it did not pop.  I am on a   Human toon I started less than  2  months ago. Does that not count or do i  need to actually make another new character and run him  over  to Plains and  do it again? Doesn't make   sense why it wouldn't pop on this  toon I am using now. Human?

18 minutes ago, Kazumm.4670 said:

This is a new character. Only 7 weeks old? Just did the POI  on it for the first time and it did not pop.  I am on a   Human toon I started less than  2  months ago. Does that not count or do i  need to actually make another new character and run him  over  to Plains and  do it again? Doesn't make   sense why it wouldn't pop on this  toon I am using now. Human?

That should work btw you dont need to run them over all new character start with 1 waypoint in all the races starting areas.

5 hours ago, Kazumm.4670 said:

No, each character unlocks their own map areas.  If this character is not getting credit for the PoI down in the catacombs/vaults, then it is truly bugged, and you will have to unlock the Tutorial Achievement on another character that has never unlocked that particular PoI. 

This Achievement was added in February, 2020, so any 'bugs' you've read about don't apply to this achievement, or any progress you think you made does not apply.

Unless, of course, we are at odds about which Achievement it is. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tutorial_(achievements)#Tutorial_Mastery

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
clarity

I see, that makes sense now. As per what I said earlier. My  Charr was an older character, probably  got the POI  during the storyline. The character I just tried to get it on, might have actually had the POI from before that date you posted 

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

This Achievement was added in February, 2020

I will take the advice from the thread and try it on another character that does not have the POI yet and see  if that works! Thanks

Edited by Kazumm.4670

What I ended up having to do was use a 3rd character, who was created in the last 30 days AND had never been to Plains of Ashford before. Than used that character to grab the POI and than the Tutorial Mastery Achievement popped and was able to complete.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:24 PM, Frogmore.5136 said:

Same problem here. Someone can help please?

Try what was suggested above and see if that works. From my research most people's problem with this achievement stem from grabbing the POI while making a fresh Char (which won't  count for achievement) or had an older character with the POI unlocked before the achievement was added/reworked.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kazumm.4670 said:

What I ended up having to do was use a 3rd character, who was created in the last 30 days AND had never been to Plains of Ashford before. Than used that character to grab the POI and than the Tutorial Mastery Achievement popped and was able to complete.

Try what was suggested above and see if that works. From my research most people's problem with this achievement stem from grabbing the POI while making a fresh Char (which won't  count for achievement) or had an older character with the POI unlocked before the achievement was added/reworked.

Ty OP for coming back and saying what worked for you, so others can find it and see if it works for them aswell.

Sadly it is quite rare for anyone to do that.

• Like 1

Yikes- you would think if GW2 was going to add this type of Mastery later; they would have done something to make sure players with leveled characters already wouldn't be affected by this. I do not want to delete a character nor do I have the space/want to make a new one.

Thanks for the info. Its really annoying because I'm either missing achievements or my characters pre-date the newer ones.