Skill changes that where not listed in patch notes — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Skill changes that where not listed in patch notes

Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 17, 2017 in PVP

Noticed that there where extra changes to scourge not in the patch notes.

-Shades now only last 10 seconds. (down from 20)
-Nefarious favor now has a base cooldown of 8 seconds. (it's the same as Sand Cascade now)
-Sand Flare now counts as a heal skill for related traits and runes (it used to not proc "on heal skill" effects)

Additionally F5 no longer pulses dhuumfire. (this may be what the notes meant by "processing manifest shade properly")

Sanity is for the weak minded
YouTube

Comments

• Azel.4786Azel.4786 Member ✭✭✭

Really? Oh sweet! Back to stealth nerfing, it is almost like scavage hunt - it should come with achievement points though.

• ZhouX.8742ZhouX.8742 Member ✭✭✭

@Crinn.7864 said:

-Nefarious favor now has a base cooldown of 8 seconds. (it's the same as Sand Cascade now)

You know I bet these changes were part of the upcoming balance patch but slipped through during this halloween release.

• ZhouX.8742ZhouX.8742 Member ✭✭✭

@Crinn.7864 said:

This also means they went straight to the defensives like they always do with necro. Gutting the condition removal, which is already lacking on scourge.

• Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

You know I bet these changes were part of the upcoming balance patch but slipped through during this halloween release.

possibly

inb4 "fixed a bug where balance happened earlier than intended"

YouTube

I also noticed that Sand Flare now properly counts as a healing skill.

YouTube

• Saiyan.1704Saiyan.1704 Member ✭✭✭

This is just the appetizer. Just wait for the main course and don't forget to make room for dessert.

Anyone know if there where any ninja changes to spellbreaker?

YouTube

• Kaga.7629Kaga.7629 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2017

Ranger
    Rock Gazelle—Kick: Strikes from this skill have been increased from 2 to 5. Damage per strike has been reduced by 53%. Vulnerability per strike has been changed from 3 stacks for 6 seconds to 1 stack for 8 seconds.
    Rock Gazelle—Charge: The damage from this skill has been reduced by 48%. Fixed a tooltip issue where the daze duration was showing 1 second rather than the actual 2 seconds. Fixed a tooltip issue where the number of targets affected by the skill was 5 instead of 3.

Adieu , one shot gazelle. You and season Hate is not going to be missed.

Necromancer
    Manifest Sand Shade: Fixed a bug that allowed strikes from this skill to hit from multiple sand shades on the same target.
    Desert Shroud: Fixed a bug that was preventing this skill from processing Manifest Sand Shade upon casting.

So the " intended" way was to have sand shades cover a huge footprint, but do much lower, steady damage ? imagine that! Now that sand shades are gonna be hitting much less, i wonder if it means the condi application ( which was triggered by shades) will go down the same.

@Crinn.7864 said:
    Anyone know if there where any ninja changes to spellbreaker?

None as far as i can see, but spvp just got the nerfed celestial amu back. I can smell bunker meta coming back bigtime.

-- Kaga Konikora, The infamous Frostkeep Defense Commander, A SoloQ hero hailing from the glorious land of Maguuma.

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crinn.7864 said:
    -Sand Flare now counts as a heal skill for related traits and runes (it used to not proc "on heal skill" effects)

It definitely did proc Spiteful Reneval pre-patch. I tried that on PoF Release.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

It definitely did proc Spiteful Reneval pre-patch. I tried that on PoF Release.

It never proc'ed spiteful renewal for me, and it definitely didn't proc runes.

YouTube

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2017

All good my power scourge in PvP is doing great while the codi spam is taken down a notch :)

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:
    All good my power scourge in PvP is doing great while the codi spam is taken down a notch :)

Your power scourge just lost half it's cleave damage due to the removal of shade attack stacking.

Also power scourge is trash anyways.

YouTube

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭✭

I go single grandmaster shade ;). No change at all and I'll take my spike damage with soul reaping grandmaster 2nd trait over spike and run Condi anyday

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:
    I go single grandmaster shade ;). No change at all and I'll take my spike damage with soul reaping grandmaster 2nd trait over spike and run Condi anyday

Sand Savant still benefitted from shade stacking.

Power scourge is trash it does worse damage than power reaper with worse survivability.

YouTube

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.