Have HoT but dont have PoF

@"killmyself.5921" said:Hello Good day Devs all .. i know this might be discussed earlier but can I ask. My friend has a Heart of Thorns(HoT) should he still buy the PoF? which includes HoT? even thou he gotten them .

It depends if you friend have invested a lot real money in that account (bought items from Gem Store to upgrade inventory, bank with more space etc) with HoT, then it is better to upgrade it. He/she can do it by purchasing PoF from website (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/shop/). In that case same account will use the serial code and add PoF content as instructed in the last link down below here. Another option is start from scratch with a new account where your friend have every expansion (HoT+PoF).

Don't forget that most likely must he/she also buy LW season, with a completely new account. Until the last episode that are right now free from just log in during that date. With upgrading an existing account (which have added season from LW while those where free or purchased) it will be less to catch up.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store#Upgrades >For LW packages in Gem Store

Here is the complete information from Support page: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Guild-Wars-2-Account-Types-Free-Core-HoT-PoF

Scroll down to: How do I upgrade my account?

This should explain it enough to get an idea what will be best for your friend.

[Removed information that wasn't correct about upgrading -expansion part- could be done from Gem Store for PoF]

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@"killmyself.5921" said:Hello Good day Devs all .. i know this might be discussed earlier but can I ask. My friend has a Heart of Thorns(HoT) should he still buy the PoF? which includes HoT? even thou he gotten them .

It depends if you friend have invested a lot real money in that account (bought items from Gem Store to upgrade inventory, bank with more space etc) with HoT, then it is better to upgrade it. He/she can do it from Gem Store by purchasing Gems and buy it there or add PoF by getting purchasing it there from website (
). In that case same account will use the serial code and add PoF content. Another option is start from scratch with a new account where your friend have every expansion (HoT+PoF).

Don't forget that most likely must he/she also buy LW season, with a completely new account. Until the last episode that are right now free from just log in during that date. With upgrading an existing account (which have added season from LW while those where free or purchased) it will be less to catch up.

->
(Have been on sale for 1200 Gems vs 2400 Gems - look on Gem Store History section).

Here is the complete information from Support page:

Scroll down to:
How do I upgrade my account?

The digital deluxe upgrades in gemstore for gems are not the expansions.Expansion have to be bought for real cash always never Gems.What you get with the digital gem upgrades are the fluff glider skin with hot or lily of elon pass and outfit with pof for example.

@Linken.6345 said:

It depends if you friend have invested a lot real money in that account (bought items from Gem Store to upgrade inventory, bank with more space etc) with HoT, then it is better to upgrade it. He/she can do it from Gem Store by purchasing Gems and buy it there or add PoF by getting purchasing it there from website (
). In that case same account will use the serial code and add PoF content. Another option is start from scratch with a new account where your friend have every expansion (HoT+PoF).

->
(Have been on sale for 1200 Gems vs 2400 Gems - look on Gem Store History section).

Scroll down to:

The digital deluxe upgrades in gemstore for gems are not the expansions.Expansion have to be bought for real cash always never Gems.What you get with the digital gem upgrades are the fluff glider skin with hot or lily of elon pass and outfit with pof for example.

Yeah, you are right. I mixed it up with that I already had PoF when I upgraded it to Deluxe version.

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

It depends if you friend have invested a lot real money in that account (bought items from Gem Store to upgrade inventory, bank with more space etc) with HoT, then it is better to upgrade it. He/she can do it by purchasing PoF from website (
). In that case same account will use the serial code and add PoF content as instructed in the last link down below here. Another option is start from scratch with a new account where your friend have every expansion (HoT+PoF).

>For LW packages in Gem Store

Scroll down to:

[Removed information that wasn't correct about upgrading -expansion part- could be done from Gem Store for PoF]

It's easier/faster/safer to purchase Path of Fire in-game. Then, it automatically upgrades the account with no need to wait for the Serial Key and apply it. (Not referring to any of the Deluxe Upgrades.)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It depends if you friend have invested a lot real money in that account (bought items from Gem Store to upgrade inventory, bank with more space etc) with HoT, then it is better to upgrade it. He/she can do it by purchasing PoF from website (
). In that case same account will use the serial code and add PoF content as instructed in the last link down below here. Another option is start from scratch with a new account where your friend have every expansion (HoT+PoF).

>For LW packages in Gem Store

Scroll down to:

It's easier/faster/safer to purchase Path of Fire in-game. Then, it automatically upgrades the account with no need to wait for the Serial Key and apply it. (Not referring to any of the Deluxe Upgrades.)

Did I even suggest OP to buy it anywhere else then in ANets own shop? I did provide links to both shop and to the Support page to explain how to upgrade. Independent of where you buy it you should always have a serial key saved in case you need to proof of your purchase.

Buying it 'in the shop' (ArenaNet's purchasing page) is different than buying it in-game. It by-passes having to wait for the email and adding the Serial Key. Yes, the Serial Key will still be sent for record-keeping, but it can save a lot of time.
Perhaps, you have not noticed the many posts asking, "Where is my Serial Key? I've not received the expected email!"

okay thnx soo much for the replies appreciate it.. well he owns HoT but thats does mean he will not get free PoF ?? .. or is only applies that you get both if you only buy PoF?.. cuz i saw some discussions earlier that they bought PoF but does not own PoF but later they were granted free HoT ..sorry for bad english

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Buying it 'in the shop' (ArenaNet's purchasing page) is different than buying it in-game. It by-passes having to wait for the email and adding the Serial Key. Yes, the Serial Key will still be sent for record-keeping, but it can save a lot of time.

Perhaps, you have not noticed the many posts asking, "Where is my Serial Key? I've not received the expected email!"

First of all, you can not buy PoF in Gem Store, ONLY upgrade to Digital Deluxe version of the base version you have which is GW2 without any expansion, HoT and PoF - with HoT you can only upgrade to HoT Digital Deluxe and for PoF you can only upgrade to PoF Digital Deluxe within game clients itself (Gem Store). The only way for OP friend to get access to PoF will be to purchase PoF (on site it is three version and Digital Deluxe is the second option which is being offered in ANet webshop). The most expensive version is only possible to buy from that site which adds Gems to account.

Copied from webshop:

All in-game items will be delivered upon redemption of a Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire serial code. Gem delivery may take up to 72 hours after purchase.Guild Wars 2 is available in English, French, German, and Spanish languages.
> @"killmyself.5921" said:okay thnx soo much for the replies appreciate it.. well he owns HoT but thats does mean he will not get free PoF ?? .. or is only applies that you get both if you only buy PoF?.. cuz i saw some discussions earlier that they bought PoF but does not own PoF but later they were granted free HoT ..sorry for bad english

If you had looked at ArenaNet's webshop you would see that it is an offer where you get HoT for free when you purchase PoF. You will not get PoF for free to make it absolutely clear.

Today it is only possible to buy PoF as a package which includes HoT and GW2 (base game). When HoT where the only expansion you would get GW2 (core game) for "free" and PoF is the last expansion so you would get HoT for "free". This is to avoid to have several different version of expansion that are being sold at the same time and make it more easier for Costumer Service to keep track of what each account have access to. When you purchase the last expansion that Serial Key will replace the earlier version (base and expansion) with the newest expansion. The "old" Serial Key is that way replaced and there is only one Serial Key that is connected to that account with the last expansion.

If you still have trouble to understand maybe read the link for help support that I have provided several times now where ArenaNet explains the difference between versions, what each contains and how to purchase and add that content into game client.

@Healix.5819 said:

@"ShadowCatz.8437" said:First of all, you can not buy PoF in Gem Store

If you don't own PoF, it will be advertised in the gem store, which takes you to special page to buy it for real money. Unlike buy.guildwars2.com, buying it here will apply immediately.

Exactly! Which bypasses any wait for a Serial Key to be sent (even though one will be sent for record-keeping).It seems it's some that "don't understand".