Stupid question for the devs about new expansion

So, 2 years ago I was compelled to send an email to one of your teams pretending to be a Canthan resistance leader named Kimiko Musagi who was fatally wounded and requesting help from the Ascalonian heroes who defeated Elder Dragons to come help with a dual threat that was ravaging the land of Cantha.

While I completely doubt it, I still want to know, did this affect the new expansion in any way?

I never saw a reply back to that email and I never expected to but now that the new teaser dropped today and also that gif you guys accidentally titled as 'Shing Jea' which is where Kimiko told whoever read her letter (the email I typed out) to meet representatives of her guild the fanboy in me wants to know for absolutely certain instead of just assuming this email had nothing to do with anything. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but if my assumption is wrong it would be really awesome to know. Thank you in advance and also sorry if I should have posted this somewhere else.

@VaileCearo.3819 said:So, 2 years ago I was compelled to send an email to one of your teams pretending to be a Canthan resistance leader named Kimiko Musagi who was fatally wounded and requesting help from the Ascalonian heroes who defeated Elder Dragons to come help with a dual threat that was ravaging the land of Cantha.

While I completely doubt it, I still want to know, did this affect the new expansion in any way?

I never saw a reply back to that email and I never expected to but now that the new teaser dropped today and also that gif you guys accidentally titled as 'Shing Jea' which is where Kimiko told whoever read her letter (the email I typed out) to meet representatives of her guild the fanboy in me wants to know for absolutely certain instead of just assuming this email had nothing to do with anything. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but if my assumption is wrong it would be really awesome to know. Thank you in advance and also sorry if I should have posted this somewhere else.

That would be really interesting, I have faith that it might of affected EoD.

I'm sorry to say it but even if they read it they won't admit to that. I've put the legal specifics below, but the short version is that they cannot accept suggestions sent by email or post, for legal reasons. When you sign up to the forum, the Wiki or the game itself you accept terms of use which state that Anet have the right to use any and all suggestions you make without the need to acknowledge where they came from or compensate you in any way.

They can't get a similar agreement for unsolicited email or mail, which means hypothetically if someone sends them an idea which later appears in the game and someone from Anet admits to reading it the sender's next move could be to sue them for stealing the idea and require them to pay royalties from the profits of the expansion, or stop making it all together. I'm not suggesting that's your intention, I have absolutely no doubt you sent your idea in good faith, we all like the idea that something we think up could end up in the game afterall. But Anet can't afford to take that chance.

This is in the GW2 Content Terms of Use:

"Where can I send suggestions for in-game content?"We are grateful for the enthusiasm of our fans, and appreciate the efforts and creativity that they use to develop concepts intended to assist with or expand upon our current and future titles. Suggestions about Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 are welcome on the Guild Wars Wiki in the Guild Wars Game Suggestions section or on the Guild Wars 2 Wiki in the Game Suggestions section. However, we cannot accept or review any unsolicited ideas or suggestions that are sent to us outside of the Guild Wars Wiki or Guild Wars 2 Wiki, so please direct your suggestions and ideas to the Game Suggestions sections."

"I have an idea for a commercial venture (play, movie, action figure, etc) involving the Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 world. Shall I send it to you?"Unfortunately, ArenaNet cannot accept unsolicited ideas or submissions. As a result, we will not be able to review or consider submissions of this kind. We will not view e-mailed submissions and must return mailed submissions unopened."

And then there's this in the website Terms of Use:

"...However, by submitting User Submissions to ArenaNet, you hereby grant ArenaNet a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, broadcast, license, post, sell, translate, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, in any medium now known or hereafter devised, without compensation or credit to the provider of the User Submissions."

@"Danikat.8537" said:I'm sorry to say it but even if they read it they won't admit to that. I've put the legal specifics below, but the short version is that they cannot accept suggestions sent by email or post, for legal reasons. When you sign up to the forum, the Wiki or the game itself you accept terms of use which state that Anet have the right to use any and all suggestions you make without the need to acknowledge where they came from or compensate you in any way.

They can't get a similar agreement for unsolicited email or mail, which means hypothetically if someone sends them an idea which later appears in the game and someone from Anet admits to reading it the sender's next move could be to sue them for stealing the idea and require them to pay royalties from the profits of the expansion, or stop making it all together. I'm not suggesting that's your intention, I have absolutely no doubt you sent your idea in good faith, we all like the idea that something we think up could end up in the game afterall. But Anet can't afford to take that chance.

This is in the GW2 Content Terms of Use:

"Where can I send suggestions for in-game content?"We are grateful for the enthusiasm of our fans, and appreciate the efforts and creativity that they use to develop concepts intended to assist with or expand upon our current and future titles. Suggestions about Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 are welcome on the Guild Wars Wiki in the Guild Wars Game Suggestions section or on the Guild Wars 2 Wiki in the Game Suggestions section. However, we cannot accept or review any unsolicited ideas or suggestions that are sent to us outside of the Guild Wars Wiki or Guild Wars 2 Wiki, so please direct your suggestions and ideas to the Game Suggestions sections."

"I have an idea for a commercial venture (play, movie, action figure, etc) involving the Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 world. Shall I send it to you?"Unfortunately, ArenaNet cannot accept unsolicited ideas or submissions. As a result, we will not be able to review or consider submissions of this kind. We will not view e-mailed submissions and must return mailed submissions unopened."

And then there's this in the website Terms of Use:

"...However, by submitting User Submissions to ArenaNet, you hereby grant ArenaNet a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, broadcast, license, post, sell, translate, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, in any medium now known or hereafter devised, without compensation or credit to the provider of the User Submissions."

That makes sense. I don't know if I could even call what I sent a suggestion though, I sent the email back in 2018 in the form of an 'in game letter' written by someone from Cantha. I knew it was a dumb idea even when I did it but it was a strange compulsion I couldn't resist doing. lol

While I still completely doubt it had anything to do with anything the fanboy in me still think it would be cool if it did, y'know. I suppose maybe if I'm lucky and it did somehow inspire or influence I could find a reference somewhere in the game to it once we get to play but I won't hold my breath. I'm just happy to get to see my favorite continent done up with the GW2 graphics engine and level design. x3

@kharmin.7683 said:Cantha expansion has nothing to do with the numerous threads which have been requesting it for years.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the forums though, I was talking about an email I typed up and sent to one of the dev teams a couple years ago that was written from the perspective of a made up Canthan character. While I'm sure your point still stands I just thought it would be cool to know, y'know?

@VaileCearo.3819 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:I'm sorry to say it but even if they read it they won't admit to that. I've put the legal specifics below, but the short version is that they cannot accept suggestions sent by email or post, for legal reasons. When you sign up to the forum, the Wiki or the game itself you accept terms of use which state that Anet have the right to use any and all suggestions you make without the need to acknowledge where they came from or compensate you in any way.

This is in the
:

"
Where can I send suggestions for in-game content?
"We are grateful for the enthusiasm of our fans, and appreciate the efforts and creativity that they use to develop concepts intended to assist with or expand upon our current and future titles. Suggestions about Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 are welcome on the Guild Wars Wiki in the Guild Wars Game Suggestions section or on the Guild Wars 2 Wiki in the Game Suggestions section. However, we cannot accept or review any unsolicited ideas or suggestions that are sent to us outside of the Guild Wars Wiki or Guild Wars 2 Wiki, so please direct your suggestions and ideas to the Game Suggestions sections."

"
I have an idea for a commercial venture (play, movie, action figure, etc) involving the Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 world. Shall I send it to you?
"Unfortunately, ArenaNet cannot accept unsolicited ideas or submissions. As a result, we will not be able to review or consider submissions of this kind. We will not view e-mailed submissions and must return mailed submissions unopened."

And then there's this in the
:

That makes sense. I don't know if I could even call what I sent a suggestion though, I sent the email back in 2018 in the form of an 'in game letter' written by someone from Cantha. I knew it was a dumb idea even when I did it but it was a strange compulsion I couldn't resist doing. lol

While I still completely doubt it had anything to do with anything the fanboy in me still think it would be cool if it did, y'know. I suppose maybe if I'm lucky and it did somehow inspire or influence I could find a reference somewhere in the game to it once we get to play but I won't hold my breath. I'm just happy to get to see my favorite continent done up with the GW2 graphics engine and level design. x3

It pretty much is guaranteed it didn't directly influence it, but there is no doubt at all the overwhelming feedback for a Canthan setting and everyone's contributions over the years 8 to that, helped swing them towards either devloping Cantha or convincing those above them that Cantha has to happen.

So in it's (very) small way, it had its effect