downloads servers dead ?!

Returning player, so I still had the game installed from 3 years ago. I bought PoF this morning, and wanted to start the Spark the flame quest.Game client needed to download files to be able to take the airship; but the progress bar didn't move. I have cleared the gamecache, I ran the client with -repair flag, but still the game wouldn't let me start PoF.I uninstalled and reinstalled; download is now stuck on 23% and won't continue. I reinstalled on a fresh SSD; download still halts on 23% and won't continue.I tried every -assetsrv -log -image and whatnot that I found on reddit and the forums; still no go. Just a few % shy of being able to at least idle ingame.I opened a ticket; but seeing from the other posts on the forum, that could take up to 10 days before they help me...Anyone have a suggestion on how I get back ingame ?! (I could kick myself for uninstalling, at least this morning I could go ingame on the areas that I have visited before).

• Thanks 1

for some strange reason I can download approx 14 to 20mb if I add the following to the GW2 shortcut:-log -image -assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.comBut after those few Mb's it drops to 0kb/sec and I need to restart the launcher to get another 14 to 20Mbstill have 400.000 files to go... what a complete shit show

• Thanks 1

The -assetsrv option has been broken/disabled for months, so that command isn't actually doing anything. Instead, you have to edit your hosts file.

Open notepad as an administrator, then open:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Add the following line and save:3.232.164.138 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Remove the line when you're done; the IP changes regularly,

• Confused 1

@Healix.5819 said:The -assetsrv option has been broken/disabled for months, so that command isn't actually doing anything. Instead, you have to edit your hosts file.

Open notepad as an administrator, then open:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Add the following line and save:3.232.164.138 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Remove the line when you're done; the IP changes regularly,

Thanks Healix, I tried that too, but same issue.

For now I wrote a short python script to run the GW2 launcher, wait 20 seconds, kill the launcher and repeat. Gets me 20MB every 20 seconds... extremely slow, but for now better then nothing; at least until Arenanet support can help me out. Would try rebooting my firewall, but the mrs is working from home, so that's not an option until later this evening. (everything else works inhouse, so I doubt it's the firewall)

• Sad 1

Just to make sure these steps were conducted correctly:

• You download the client here: https://account.arena.net/welcome
  • You place the client on the drive location (partition and folder) where you want the game installed
  • You rename the Gw2Setup-64.exe into Gw2-64.exe
  • You double-click it and it starts downloading all the required files

And it's still stalling at 23% ?

• Sad 1

Not sure what was going on but somewhere after 21:00 yesterday, the download suddenly kept going. So either my provider or their cdn was having issues.Everything is a-ok now :) thanks for all your suggestions. support Ticket closed, time for some map completion :+1:

• Sad 2

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting old 'dead' threads from two and a half years ago, isn't going to help or get the issue resolved any quicker.

We're all frustrated and I get you're trying to make a point, but as painful as it is, we just need to wait it out and hope that Anet will do the right thing and come forward with some public notice about what's going on.

Edited by Casskade.7152
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1