Story lock: What's hidden behind the living seasons?

ImagineBen.9176

So, as I've been getting back into GW2 this year, I found that there are three new mounts since I've last played. A WVW mount, a dragon, and a beetle! Super neat! Found out that at least two of them are locked behind storymode. Since it's been so long, stories are locked for me, and I don't even know if they were given for free in the first place. However, I don't mind unlocking them as long as I have the money. But... It makes me wonder! What else is locked behind the living world seasons? Does anyone know? A simple google search doesn't bring up what I'm looking for right away. Of course, I'll keep looking after I post this, but I can't help but wonder what more experienced players know.

So. In summery. What else aside from the new mounts is hidden behind the living seasons? 2, 3 and 4?

You can find a list of releases and their major features here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release#recentIf you click an episodes name it will take you to a page listing everything which is included.

Each episode of season 3 and 4 features a new map which is only accessible if you own that episode (Season 5 also introduced new maps but some episodes share maps) and as well as the mounts there's some new masteries, armour and weapons skins, a way to buy ascended trinkets with selectable stats using the map's unique currency and various other bits and pieces like mini pets, guild decorations, achievements etc.

Nothing from living story episodes is required to play other areas of the game, you'll never reach a point where you can't do something because you need an item which is only available in a story episode, but they do have several things which can be useful, like the mounts and the additional masteries and lots of things which are nice to have like the new skins. Living world maps can also be a good way of getting gold and other currencies which are needed for lots of things.

• Like 1

• Skins
  • Armour
  • Weapons
  • Ascended
  • 2 Mounts
  • 15+ maps
  • Strike missions
  • Some instanced LS1 content
  • tons of achievements
  • the rewinder gadget
  • a rock concert (worth mentioing because it is good fun)

LS is free if you logged in between episodes and paid DLC if you did not. There's plenty of stuff locked away behind LS since if there weren't, the LS would be pretty worthless

• Like 1