Ring of Fire (RoF) Discord

shifftie.9601

Morning,

So i have come to love my home world in wvw, but i have not yet seen our own discord. Yeah we have ts but thought it was time to get with the cool kids. Its a place for everyone and i think im semi right in saying most of us now use it. If we do have a discord it is not well advertised and i will gladly delete this one. Im happy to be an admin on the discord but will be looking for active people to help along the way.

This is an instant invite: https://discord.gg/hzat4G9

Ranks are going to need to be set by myself or future mods. This is in an attempt to protect us in battles.

Anyway let me know what u think and come along and join.

If you already have a teamspeak, assuming you can tell which end of you words come out of and which end waste comes out of, why would you need a discord?

Teamspeak offers far better control of rights and the server than discord as well as a much better structure of admin powers and permissions. That’s without mentioning how setting up a discord for the sake of setting up a discord will help fracture an already dwindling RoF population who last I saw were still very proud of staying RoF. You may have good intentions but your actions will at best be seen as misguided and at worse flat out insulting to the population that was there before you moved.

@apharma.3741 said:If you already have a teamspeak, assuming you can tell which end of you words come out of and which end waste comes out of, why would you need a discord?

Teamspeak offers far better control of rights and the server than discord as well as a much better structure of admin powers and permissions. That’s without mentioning how setting up a discord for the sake of setting up a discord will help fracture an already dwindling RoF population who last I saw were still very proud of staying RoF. You may have good intentions but your actions will at best be seen as misguided and at worse flat out insulting to the population that was there before you moved.

Feedback is appreciated. Are u RoF? Its an idea that i thought i would throw out into the world and if u are RoF then i will take this input into account and thank you again

@shifftie.9601 said:

@apharma.3741 said:If you already have a teamspeak, assuming you can tell which end of you words come out of and which end waste comes out of, why would you need a discord?

Feedback is appreciated. Are u RoF? Its an idea that i thought i would throw out into the world and if u are RoF then i will take this input into account and thank you again

Nope WSR but we recently had some people transfer to our server, set up a discord and community guild before advertising in team chat all about this brand new discord and guild. Problem is we already had a community guild, teamspeak and a website that has been around for years, in fact if you type Whiteside Ridge into google the community website is the first thing that comes up.

I just figure I would pass on some advise from the other end of the perspective so you don’t end up alienating the very community you want to help and seem to enjoy playing with.

@Junkpile.7439 said:Discord is like team speak for kids?

you miss out the "cool" wordhe said so himself.

@ OPanyway, there is little point for OP to post it herethe reach here is limited and this place is general place for the WHOLE of gw2, not just your serverit is better if you try to reach your server mates via the server meeting (if any) or via community site (if any)

Archived