Feel like doing story after not ever bothering before

So I am thinking of doing the story, I’m a beginner and I always get asked by people in-game have you done the story, where I will answer no. But now I’m reconsidering maybe it’s best I do all the stories I can( I have HoT and PoF and some reason most of icebrood saga except for one part of the story that cost me 200 gems ? that obviously I will unlock if I want those extra mastery points) to get them over with. Is this the best idea for a beginner ? Or is there better things to put my time into while I am more or less quite a beginner still!

The story itself is subjective - some people like it, many really hate it. It's not neccessary to do it and there's a world of difference in production values from the start to later seasons.

The benefits are mostly the achievements, any mastery points, leading you into the related maps (some maps need you to own the story and often to do some of it to access them) and any engagement you might get from experiencing the story itself

I personally have little regard for the story, but I've done it all so far and I can't say I regret the experience, even if it hasn't always been enjoyable