I have played DRM CM's for quite a bit because I enjoy the kind of brainless gameplay which it brings for 75% of the instance. (I buy 5 deldrimor boxes almost every day, except for when I have raid days because I tend to have to choose between raids and DRM's to not overplay.)
Lets face it, the first event where you have to do X, X and X in 5 mins have lost any form of interest after the first 5 times you play it, and have become a mindless race to get it over with.
Next up is the "escort". You get to meet the faction that will "aid" you in your quest to destroy the true danger. The escort in itself is mostly babysitting an npc on route to the destination, or defending a location from certain death.
Last up is the boss of each DRM. Tbh imo most of these are quite fine. They could have given a few of them a bit more mechs to work around but ok, I actually wake up a little during the fights.
I base my oppinion on doing the 3 Daily CM's which complete's all dailies almost automatically.
Now for the Pecularities:
- Choosing a preferred Faction costs you 10 defense seals, if you do this every DRM you lose about 30% of your total Seals, which is a waste of actually quite valuable currency imo. And choosing which faction joins you actually makes the gameplay more fun/faster than several others.
- In Fields of Ruin, the Meteors only drop where you are, which makes every part of the pre a horrible experience of dodging meteors and just falling over going into combat because you * have to salute to every kitten npc to finish the pre. And still I enjoy this DRM more than some others.
- The timer starts when npcs are having a casual cup of tea before you tell them to get off their kitten. In some cases you lose like 20 seconds before you can do so.
- Faction representatives die. And some of them die so much it actually feels like they are actively working against you. Keeping them dead is faster.
- In Caledon Forest you have to tell the Tengu twice to move its kitten. The bird being a bit slow of comprehension might be the reason Tengu appear this late in gw2.
- In Bloodtide coast you defend a fort and the enemies spawn inside the fort. The first time I saw this I just waited outside the fort until my guildmates cleared it because I couldnt stop laughing.
- In Fireheart Rise you have an Escort into a defense. What we are defending actually you have to kill several moments later. And also this defense is so long I once zoned out and looked up several things on the wiki. Coming back expecting it to be almost over, when it was only at 25%. (inbefore you tell me Im a terrible human bean, I was looking up stuff for others in the same DRM because they asked about it, and we were on discord anyways, so they knew I was afk for a moment)
- I read it before and would like to say it as well, Snowden Drifts escort should not be as dependant on swiftness and superspeed like it is now. It ruins the actual bossfight as you are suddenly in a hurry instead of promoting playing for mechanics and fun.
- In Metrica province the boss itself is a snoozefest introduction which is fine. But if you forget to clear the minions on Braham you will have to go back because it takes AGES for him to actually kill them and you need him to proceed.
- In Fields of Ruin you go out of combat each 20% which just feels like you are battling 5 different bosses.
- Also in Fields of Ruin the game has to remind itself the breakbar it is recharging. If you are fast enough you could be able to break it while it should be recharging from the phase before.
- In Thunderhead Peaks the boss does a Dash which launches him so far he can decide to go out of combat and just continue his puppy patrol as if he wasnt in battle 5 secs earlier. He will go back into battle mode if you come close of course. I just find it hilarious.
- I cant for the god of me explain why Fireheart Rise is listed under Jormag's Champions when all we do is fight Destroyers. I'm hoping someone will explain this to me in a spoilers.
Lastly my useless opinion on the missions.
Factions are a good idea in a very bad design point of view as the escort is the most boring part of the mission which is the only time you actually get to "see" the factions.
Also let us choose which one supports us for free please.
Also I hope ANet actually keeps the missions as they are for the story and recreates all bosses into mini strikes or something, because the Pre and Escort actually ruin bosses which could be decent gameplay in my opinion.
Thank you for reading.