Coming back

Filtered.6791

Hello everyone!

I just recently came back from Guild wars 2 and bought Heart of Thornes expansion. I was away for like more than a year because I was busy with university and now work. Upon playing again, I was overwhelmed with so much content that I can imagine. New living stories, items, dungeon/reward changes, raids, maps, etc. I honestly do not know which should I start first, currently I'm trying to finish Hearth of Thornes story but after that what's next? I am most active on PVE, from time to time I do PVP and very seldom on WvW. Could someone give me some tips and guide which I should start doing after Heart of Thornes story?

Thank you and have a great day!

After HoT story you have many possibilities:

• Living Story 3 ( which starts after completing HoT story ) and their living world.
  • Fractals ( they added 2 new fractals and modified some of the old ones ).
  • Meta Maps ( if you didn't try the 4 main HoT maps, you could give it a shot and see the meta events ).
  • Halloween! ( it ends november 7 ).
  • Raids ( this part will require you to have probably a guild or a good equipment on a specific class character. Consider it the "endgame" in terms of GW2 PvE ).
  • Something else ( everybody plays gw2 for its own reasons, which could be simply to farm in some zone, do achievements, jp, craft, wvw, spvp, etc... this is totally up to you ).

or

• Purchase PoF (30$), which gives you Mounts, new Elites, New Zones, Bounties, and more.

@Filtered.6791 said:Hello everyone!

I just recently came back from Guild wars 2 and bought Heart of Thornes expansion. I was away for like more than a year because I was busy with university and now work. Upon playing again, I was overwhelmed with so much content that I can imagine. New living stories, items, dungeon/reward changes, raids, maps, etc. I honestly do not know which should I start first, currently I'm trying to finish Hearth of Thornes story but after that what's next? I am most active on PVE, from time to time I do PVP and very seldom on WvW. Could someone give me some tips and guide which I should start doing after Heart of Thornes story?

Thank you and have a great day!

If you're having fun in Heart of Thorns, then go for it. But you don't even need to do it, and won't get anything useful for your effort. I would advise you to do the following things:

1) Get your glider, updraft, and bouncing mushroom masteries.2) Unlock all the waypoints in the HoT zones.3) Join HoT hero-point groups to max out your elite spec.4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for PoF (If you have it).5)Get all your mounts and mount masteries in PoF (If you have it).6) Unlock all the LWS3 zones/waypoints and farm them for ascended trinkets.7) Grind Silverwastes and Fractal 40 for gold to max your crafting skills.8) Make ascended armor and weapons.9) At any point in this process, work on your mastery points.

The reason I have for giving this advice is that you can run all the story quests in the game. But nothing will unlock doors for you faster than getting all your ascended gear and having the elite skills you need to make a useful build.

Thank you again! As of now, I'm doing events at the new area and doing HoT story and since everyone is suggesting to get Path of Fire expansion I'll consider buying it, i'll just have to look into my tight budget lol (living alone sucks). And yes, RandomWofl.3986 I will never use the booster.

@Filtered.6791 said:Well, my budget is preventing me to buy it right away :D but the mounts is very tempting to get. Also do you mean I should finish my Living story 3 before taking PoF?

Yes. Season 3's story picks up right where the HoT storyline left off, and season 3 leads right into the PoF storyline.

Welcome back by the way, hope you continue to have fun. ☺

Archived