Magic Mouse 2 + Guild Wars 2 = ?

I'm playing GW2 on my iMac 27" with the Mac 64bit Mac client, but one thing that destroys the whole gaming experience for me is the inability to walk with the mouse (like in PC) and to change camera view etc and all that. I have to walk with the keyboard buttons and change cameras with other keyboard buttons because the Magic Mouse left and right click buttons aren't recognised. Is this a known problem? Is there a way around it to have a nice playable gaming experience?

Thanks!

I'm afraid I can't help much because the first thing I always do with the magic mouse when I buy new Mac is leave it in the box and hook up a normal mouse. I can't stand the magic mouse. As far as I recall there used to be settings related to the magic mouse in the old 32bit Mac client but I don't see them in the 64bit client. Some things to try:

Go to System Preferences --> Mouse --> Enable Secondary Click (I think this enables a normal right click if you select it as the option which may help you out. )

Have you tried selecting the "Use either mouse button to change direction" option in settings? I'm not sure if that would help or not.

Here is a post I found on the old forum you may or may not find useful:https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/support/How-to-Play-With-Magic-Mouse-2-on-MAC-Client/first#post6733746

Sorry I could not be of more help. Perhaps others that actually use the magic mouse will have better input. Of course there is always the option of using a normal mouse if you have one or care to purchase one.

@Hank.4839 said:Just install Windows as a secondary OS. And get a generic mouse.

A generic/PC mouse can be used with the Mac client as well. I use one with no problem (not generic Logitec G600) when I do use the Mac client and it solves the issue the OP has. That is why I mentioned a regular mouse as an option. That said, I still find the new native Mac client lacking and I use Bootcamp Windows most of the time because the performance is well above the new native Mac client. So If that is an option the OP may want to look in to it as well as using a regular mouse.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:I'm afraid I can't help much because the first thing I always do with the magic mouse when I buy new Mac is leave it in the box and hook up a normal mouse. I can't stand the magic mouse.

For me, that sentiment extends to the original iMac's hockey puck, the Pro mouse, and the Mighty Mouse too. (Seriously, Apple... were you trolling us with MM's tiny track ball?)

Performance is good enough when I use 2560res (half the iMac's 5k so it scales well), and my machine is quite strong (Polaris graphics, 16gb memory, etc), so FPS is very playable. It's just the fricking mouse.

P.S - OMG OMG OMG OMG I just discovered I can auto walk with the Magic Mouse by holding Right Click, I might be able to get used to that!

I bought myself gaming mouse with 12 buttons or so and am really satisfied with that. The only problem was to configure it, the software was only for Windows and so I had to configure it on a windows client to use it on my Mac (settings are stored inside the mouse!). Works really fine, have healing "6" and F1 to F5 on the additional mouse buttons :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived