The ordeal of griffon manoeuvring

Delweyn.1309

I finished all griffon race events (gold) in Cristal Oasis and in Desert Highlands. So people could think that I know now how to drive this griffon mount withtout problem. But NO.

I'm blocked in the one Elon River thats goes throught the legendary hydra.

Even with this, with same combination of buttons I get different results. Somethings it's ok, sometimes it different YEah .

Just for the first circle :As exemple, when I push skill 1 to dive, keep pressing forward, when I press space for max speed, sometimes the thing continue to dive like crazy, but sometimes it stop diving and go forward as i want.

And when I go forward and press skill 1, sometimes he makes small "jumps" in the air and sometimes it begins to dive (after some times).

The races are just hard because of this disastrous manoeuvring, not by themselves.

Can someone give a 100% driving tips, because i just got crazy by this stupid thing.

I'm not the best at maneuvering the griffon, but a couple of things come to mind:

1. You don't have to press W/your forward movement key when you dive; actually, once you're in the air on the griffon, you don't have to press the forward movement key at all unless it just makes you feel better to do so. Just press and hold your dive key until you're ready to stop diving.
  2. Once your dive is finished, just stop pressing your dive key to get your super speed. Pressing space after the dive is over just makes you do your fluttering move to gain some altitude. Use the Mount Ability 2 key while you still have the super speed to quickly gain height.

Sometimes the controls are still a little buggy and/or affected by latency problems, though. Unfortunately, not much is to be done about that except to try again.

@"The King of Dust.7925" said:Make sure you're not using the Griffon's attack skill to dive (default key 1). If you do, the griffon will often keep diving even after you've released the key.

Use the mount ability keys. Default "V" to dive and "C" to climb. They're much more precise.

Yes, this! I meant to mention it in my post.

@Delweyn.1309 said:As exemple, when I push skill 1 to dive, keep pressing forward, when I press space for max speed, sometimes the thing continue to dive like crazy, but sometimes it stop diving and go forward as i want.

Yep, that is the biggest issue with the Owl Griffon. I wish ANet had fixed that by now. Maneuvering that monstrosity is a pain in the behind. I gave up on the races, too much frustration and stress (unlike jumping puzzles, you cannot learn this properly because it is completely inconsistent).

Other than these things, when you use the speed boost space bar key and you want to continue the dive (often done for that max height gain swoop and pull up combo), you must keep your camera pointed down at the ground.

If i do not point the camera down and pull the camera back horizontal, the superspeed pulls me into a forward horizontal motion. So keep in mind where your camera is pointing.

I also pull my camera and point in the direction I need for the pull up. You can literally spin it 180 degrees on the pull up if you need.

I suggest adjusting your rotation sensitivity to something that is very agile and accurate for you

Archived