Offer Rewards for Challenge Mode in Raids Please

Challenge motes in raids are really not even worth doing when players have already finished their weekly clears and already have all the achievements in raid wings. Is there some way to have a separate set of weekly rewards for doing raid bosses normally and on challenge difficulty? This would make me more willing to do challenge motes on bosses that I have already done all the achievements on.

I was just talking about this. They have a ton of systems in place. Either make them repeatable rewards like the new fractals, or introduce some kind of daily raid challenge that selects a semi-random boss that encourages people to push themselves a bit when they do raid night if it's a boss they feel confident in. Offer some magnetite and a chest with some shots at something good as a reward.

Maybe they're concerned about making a full clear of challenge motes being too rewarding, but the other side is making the increase in loot too minor where only a few easier challenge modes are chosen week by week. A daily challenge that is solidly rewarding, offers diversity, forces people to step outside their comfort zone or help friends with some bosses.

IDK lots of ways to do it without making it OP. Something, anything to make it seem less week in week out.

Challenge modes in "the most challenging content" in gw is redundant and shouldn't have been included imo. You're making raids to be top tier challenging content, so just make them the top tier challenging content. It doesn't make much sense to me to intentionally balance a boss to be easier just to add a challenge mode to make it harder when difficult encounters are already the design goal. I personally hope to not see more CMs and to instead see that development time used towards fine tuning mechanics and balance in the bosses,baseline.

The devs have stated they ran out of time balancing w4 bosses, but felt like they had CMs balanced well. Why? Just put that effort into balancing the boss and the mechanics

@meeflak.9714 said:Challenge modes in "the most challenging content" in gw is redundant and shouldn't have been included imo. You're making raids to be top tier challenging content, so just make them the top tier challenging content. It doesn't make much sense to me to intentionally balance a boss to be easier just to add a challenge mode to make it harder when difficult encounters are already the design goal. I personally hope to not see more CMs and to instead see that development time used towards fine tuning mechanics and balance in the bosses,baseline.

The devs have stated they ran out of time balancing w4 bosses, but felt like they had CMs balanced well. Why? Just put that effort into balancing the boss and the mechanics

Because the challenge motes usually only add a very minute amount of extra mechanics that sometimes make the fight more annoying than fun(keep construct mote for example). the fractal 100 and 99 challenge motes is how they should be, adding entirely new phases and skills that the bosses use instead of just adding a smaller playing space. The content is hard with or without a challenge mote if you're new to it.

Unfortunately, the rewards for fractal challenge motes is not that better a model since 99CM is barely worth it with the abysmal rewards, and 100CM's reward is subject to heavy RNG.

I wish the integrated matrices could be traded in bulk to replace the grandmaster craftman marks or purchase grandmaster craftman marks directly or boxes of T6 materials.

Kind of sad how much more profitable fractal 40 farm is compared to doing fractal CM's.

In the case of raids, raid rewards are garbage for the effort and time regardless of being challenge mote or not. People say legendary armor, but you don't even receive legendary armor from the raids, just the trivial component for it while a huge sum of gold is required on top of the raiding itself, which raids are scant on rewarding. And then the dumb as hell provisioner tokens mechanism.

@Zenith.7301 said:Unfortunately, the rewards for fractal challenge motes is not that better a model since 99CM is barely worth it with the abysmal rewards, and 100CM's reward is subject to heavy RNG.

I wish the integrated matrices could be traded in bulk to replace the grandmaster craftman marks or purchase grandmaster craftman marks directly or boxes of T6 materials.

Kind of sad how much more profitable fractal 40 farm is compared to doing fractal CM's.

In the case of raids, raid rewards are garbage for the effort and time regardless of being challenge mote or not. People say legendary armor, but you don't even receive legendary armor from the raids, just the trivial component for it while a huge sum of gold is required on top of the raiding itself, which raids are scant on rewarding. And then the kitten as hell provisioner tokens mechanism.

Have to disagree on the raids not being rewarding aspect.

Why do people compare low skill raid performance with farm groups (which have likely mastered their farm or at least are semi competent at them)?

A skilled raid group clears all 4 wings in 2 hours. Please don't make me once again summ up the entire value of all the loot and liquid gold you get (on top of which you receive 13/25 parts of a ascended armor piece guaranteed in form of LI as well as 150 Magnetite Shards).

Raids if done with a comparable mastery level as farms are highly rewarding.

Now if you are new or inexperianced at raids and need 6-12 hours or more to clear, sure it diminishes their value. How valuable is the fractal 40 farm if you manage only to beat 2 fractals per hour? Or dungeons if you only manage 2 paths per hour?

The only difference is, raids require more people and a higher skill requirement from members. After that, they are some of the most rewarding content ingame at the moment.

On topic, I would love for challenge modes in raids to be more than a 1 time thing, but disagree that this should be tied to loot. Splitting the raid community in either direction (easy mode or required challenge modes) is not the way to go I believe.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:Unfortunately, the rewards for fractal challenge motes is not that better a model since 99CM is barely worth it with the abysmal rewards, and 100CM's reward is subject to heavy RNG.

In the case of raids, raid rewards are garbage for the effort and time regardless of being challenge mote or not. People say legendary armor, but you don't even receive legendary armor from the raids, just the trivial component for it while a huge sum of gold is required on top of the raiding itself, which raids are scant on rewarding. And then the kitten as hell provisioner tokens mechanism.

Why do people compare low skill raid performance with farm groups (which have likely mastered their farm or at least are semi competent at them)?

A skilled raid group clears all 4 wings in 2 hours. Please don't make me once again summ up the entire value of all the loot and liquid gold you get (on top of which you receive 13/25 parts of a ascended armor piece guaranteed in form of LI as well as 150 Magnetite Shards).

Now if you are new or inexperianced at raids and need 6-12 hours or more to clear, sure it diminishes their value. How valuable is the fractal 40 farm if you manage only to beat 2 fractals per hour? Or dungeons if you only manage 2 paths per hour?

The only difference is, raids require more people and a higher skill requirement from members. After that, they are some of the most rewarding content ingame at the moment.

On topic, I would love for challenge modes in raids to be more than a 1 time thing, but disagree that this should be tied to loot. Splitting the raid community in either direction (easy mode or required challenge modes) is not the way to go I believe.

Who the hell mentioned inefficient farming? The LI's mean nothing if you don't have the gold and provisioner tokens to begin with, and they are of no vlaue to anyone who doesn't like the armors enough to invest on them.

A 2 hour clear is still a weekly gated affair and despite your nebulous mentions of liquid rewards, the rewards are less than a daily farm on fractal. It's that simple. Magnetite shards net you what, ascended gear that you already have to begin with if you're farming CM fractals?

@meeflak.9714 said:Challenge modes in "the most challenging content" in gw is redundant and shouldn't have been included imo. You're making raids to be top tier challenging content, so just make them the top tier challenging content. It doesn't make much sense to me to intentionally balance a boss to be easier just to add a challenge mode to make it harder when difficult encounters are already the design goal. I personally hope to not see more CMs and to instead see that development time used towards fine tuning mechanics and balance in the bosses,baseline.

The devs have stated they ran out of time balancing w4 bosses, but felt like they had CMs balanced well. Why? Just put that effort into balancing the boss and the mechanicsThe challenge modes should become baseline for raid difficulty. W4 in normal mode is a joke.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Who the hell mentioned inefficient farming? The LI's mean nothing if you don't have the gold and provisioner tokens to begin with, and they are of no vlaue to anyone who doesn't like the armors enough to invest on them.

A 2 hour clear is still a weekly gated affair and despite your nebulous mentions of liquid rewards, the rewards are less than a daily farm on fractal. It's that simple. Magnetite shards net you what, ascended gear that you already have to begin with if you're farming CM fractals?

My nebulous mention of liquid rewards was refering to aproximately 40-50gold in liquid gold, 13 rares, 13 exotics, 100+ lootbags.

That's far more loot than any farm will yield in 2 hours.

On top of which you have a high chance for ascendes loot, 150 magnetite shards and 13 LI which can be exhanged for ascended armor pieces even without making legendary armor.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

My nebulous mention of liquid rewards was refering to aproximately 40-50gold in liquid gold, 13 rares, 13 exotics, 100+ lootbags.

On top of which you have a high chance for ascendes loot, 150 magnetite shards and 13 LI which can be exhanged for ascended armor pieces even without making legendary armor.

A full run of fractals+cm's which takes under 40 minutes nets you 30+ gold, exotics and rares as well on top of fractal matrices and infusions which easily net you 40 gold for the day at minimum. And it is a daily lock, not a weekly one. On a 5 man party requiring less effort. If you get lucky enough for a celestial infusion drop, fractals have essentially netted you over several months of raid rewards in terms of gold.

The rewards in terms of a weekly lockout are crap. I don't know how to make this any clearer to you.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

A full run of fractals+cm's which takes under 40 minutes nets you 30+ gold, exotics and rares as well on top of fractal matrices and infusions which easily net you 40 gold for the day at minimum. And it is a daily lock, not a weekly one. On a 5 man party requiring less effort. If you get lucky enough for a celestial infusion drop, fractals have essentially netted you over several months of raid rewards in terms of gold.

The rewards in terms of a weekly lockout are crap. I don't know how to make this any clearer to you.

Part of that loot is rng.

I've come out of a full fractal run with CMs without any exotic and low gold loot.

You are completely omitting the raid ascended loot. It's loot no matter if you make use of it or not. If one were to factor in the value and utility of that, the gap widens in favor of raid loot tremendously.

I'm not sure what the lockout has to do with profitibility.

Raid loot is by far not as craap as you make it out to be. A maximised best group good loot fractal run beats it barely. That's far from terrible.

But for the sake of argument, you are right, I'm wrong. I honestly don't feel like wasting time on you or bringing this topic more off topic.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Part of that loot is rng.

I've come out of a full fractal run with CMs without any exotic and low gold loot.

You are completely omitting the raid ascended loot. It's loot no matter if you make use of it or not. If one were to factor in the value and utility of that, the gap widens in favor of raid loot tremendously.

I'm not sure what the lockout has to do with profitibility.

Raid loot is by far not as craap as you make it out to be. A maximised best group good loot fractal run beats it barely. That's far from terrible.

But for the sake of argument, you are right, I'm wrong. I honestly don't feel like wasting time on you or bringing this topic more off topic.

Don't worry, there are still plenty more topics for you to derail active right now and get cross when you don't get your way. If you don't want to waste your important time, don't be on a forum, btw.

Rewards for the challenge would be nice to have. An extra incentive to finish those achievements is needed.However, this "problem" of achievement rewards is not a problem of Raids alone but of the entire game.From living world achievements that are hard to solo, yet give no reward if you repeat them, to open world achievements that nobody bothers with anymore because there is no extra incentive to do so, to Raid achievements that require the group to do something specific that makes the encounter harder, yet there is no reward.No-Fly achievement of Shatterer is a good example, Last Cannon at Sabetha is another.

Archived