Calculating condition duration ?

leasm.1279

Hey. I just want to make sure I correctly understand condition duration stacking.. Let's say my Firebrand has:

• [Attribute] Expertise 150 (+10% generic duration)
  • [Rune] Runes of Balthazar (+45% burn duration)
  • [Sigil] Sigil of Smoldering (+20% burn duration)
  • [Food] Bowl of Fire Meat Chili (+15% burn duration)
  • [Trait] Radiant Fire (+20% burn duration)
  • [Trait] Legendary Lore (+20% burn duration for Tome of Justice)

As I understand, all bonuses from gear and food are added together (capped at 100%). And then I add trait modifiers on top of that. So:

Gear/food duration = 100 + (10 + 45 + 20 + 15) = 190%Trait duration = 100 + (20 + 20) = 140%

Total bonus = 190% * 140% = 266% <-- (i.e., +166% burn duration)

Condition Duration and Boon Duration cannot go over 100%, so you have a lot of wasted stats over there. If you mouseover your condition duration on the Hero Panel it show you the individual durations (Which should have Burn: 100%). The traits that increase duration also get added along with the Gear bonus except a few individual traits (Like Mesmer's Chaotic Persistance)

@Jeknar.6184 said:Condition Duration and Boon Duration cannot go over 100%, so you have a lot of wasted stats over there. If you mouseover your condition duration on the Hero Panel it show you the individual durations (Which should have Burn: 100%). The traits that increase duration also get added along with the Gear bonus except a few individual traits (Like Mesmer's Chaotic Persistance)

Thanks.Legendary Lore specifically says it stacks with expertise, so in the case above my total duration would be 240%, right? (capped +100% plus cumulative +20% from Legendary Lore)

@leasm.1279 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:Condition Duration and Boon Duration cannot go over 100%, so you have a lot of wasted stats over there. If you mouseover your condition duration on the Hero Panel it show you the individual durations (Which should have Burn: 100%). The traits that increase duration also get added along with the Gear bonus except a few individual traits (Like Mesmer's Chaotic Persistance)

Thanks.
Legendary Lore
specifically says it stacks with expertise, so in the case above my total duration would be 240%, right? (capped +100% plus cumulative +20% from Legendary Lore)

I ran a quick test and Legendary Lore seens to apply over the cap, however it is limited for the burns to the tome skills only (It does not interact with other burns) and it looked like 220% oposed to 240% so I'm assuming it does not interact with any burn duration you might have (I can be wrong tho, I didn't ran much extensive testing)

@leasm.1279 said:Hey. I just want to make sure I correctly understand condition duration stacking.. Let's say my Firebrand has:

• [Attribute] Expertise 150 (+10% generic duration)
  • [Rune] Runes of Balthazar (+45% burn duration)
  • [Sigil] Sigil of Smoldering (+20% burn duration)
  • [Food] Bowl of Fire Meat Chili (+15% burn duration)
  • [Trait] Radiant Fire (+20% burn duration)
  • [Trait] Legendary Lore (+20% burn duration for Tome of Justice)

As I understand, all bonuses from gear and food are added together (capped at 100%). And then I add trait modifiers on top of that. So:

Gear/food duration = 100 + (10 + 45 + 20 + 15) = 190%Trait duration = 100 + (20 + 20) = 140%

Total bonus = 190% * 140% = 266% <-- (i.e., +166% burn duration)

Condition Duration bonus caps at 100%, except when it's a bonus tied to a weapon type, e.g. Warrior's Blademaster trait.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@leasm.1279 said:

Thanks.
Legendary Lore
specifically says it stacks with expertise, so in the case above my total duration would be 240%, right? (capped +100% plus cumulative +20% from Legendary Lore)

I ran a quick test and Legendary Lore seens to apply over the cap, however it is limited for the burns to the tome skills only (It does not interact with other burns) and it looked like 220% oposed to 240% so I'm assuming it does not interact with any burn duration you might have (I can be wrong tho, I didn't ran much extensive testing)

It should go up to 240% of the unmodified duration. Lingering Curse works to get the duration up to 300% of the unmodified duration (assuming 100% duration boost on the condition in question).

Archived