New the Holo Elite BUT

zoopop.5630

in the long run in terms of DPS, and longevity holo are far far behind compared to the other elites.

Seem like Deadeye, Soulbreaker, Scourge, and even Mesmer have it 10x easier then what a holosmith would regardless of the "high risk, high reward". The class is FUN and COOL to play but honestly seems about all it can really offer, Can't really cleanse well against a full Condi mesmer/Scourge at all (depending on skill levels), and can't really sustain itself long enough compared to a deadeye/soulbreaker.

Kinda hoping they get some sort of buff/rework on traits if possible love the class but they sure are lacking, i mean if people aren't spamming holo it's all for a good reason imo.

I think holosmith has very good dps. None of my other classes have ever gotten as high damage as when I played holosmith. The problem is, though, it is the very definition of 'glass cannon'. Playing holosmith, it is a race to the bottom, one that I frequently lost. My holosmith was constantly dying. I could never find a build that improved my survivability So I have given up on it. I have taken my engineer back to the core engineer.

@Fplattel.1460 said:If you're talking about DPS in terms of PvE, Holosmith isn't all that far behind. Sure there's weaver and firebrand peaking out above. But they've somewhat always been top of the charts.

A small numbers rework would ofcourse never hurt, but I disagree with it being lacking.

After deconstructing the second paragraph, I've come to the conclusion that the OP was referring to PVP or WvW roaming.

I don't know man, the only spec that really give me trouble when I'm playing Holosmith is Spellbreaker (Or the silly One-Shot Mirage when I'm not paying attention). Sometimes I don't even feel like trying to fight them because it's a uphill battle that I'll problably lose due their superior self sustain.

Condis are nasty and Elixir C is your friend. It's a very powerful skill that I think most people understimate and it really help me bring down those "condi baddies".

Scourge can be nasty if you let them touch you, but most of the time I just wear them down with Rifle auto attacks up to the point I know I can Photon Forge in and ruin their day. Remember: a Scourge is still a Necromancer, he can (and should) be kited. With tools like Jump Shot, Acid Bomb and Rocket Boots, a Scourge should have a hard time getting to you even if they are playing Sand Swell.

Deadeyes don't give me much trouble unless they are +1'ing a fight. A thief that isn't careful around my Holosmith will bite the dust as quick as he thought I would. If I hit a Shockwave on a kneeled DE, he better have shadowstep ready of he is a Dead Deadeye. Also, Prime Light Beam cannot be dodged with teleports (It still track until the shot is fired and don't have travel time) which make it very useful against a profession that is heavily reliant on teleporting like Thief and Mesmer and it's also Unblockable.

Spellbreakers there isn't much I can help you with. They are superior to Holosmith in every aspect (Offense, Defense and Mobility). All I can say is that there are plenty of bad Spellbreakers that you'll still beat if you can outlive their two Endure Pains. But against a equally skilled oponent, SB have the advantage and will most likely win.

@Jeknar.6184 said:I don't know man, the only spec that really give me trouble when I'm playing Holosmith is Spellbreaker (Or the silly One-Shot Mirage when I'm not paying attention). Sometimes I don't even feel like trying to fight them because it's a uphill battle that I'll problably lose due their superior self sustain.

Condis are nasty and Elixir C is your friend. It's a very powerful skill that I think most people understimate and it really help me bring down those "condi baddies".

Scourge can be nasty if you let them touch you, but most of the time I just wear them down with Rifle auto attacks up to the point I know I can Photon Forge in and ruin their day. Remember: a Scourge is still a Necromancer, he can (and should) be kited. With tools like Jump Shot, Acid Bomb and Rocket Boots, a Scourge should have a hard time getting to you even if they are playing Sand Swell.

Deadeyes don't give me much trouble unless they are +1'ing a fight. A thief that isn't careful around my Holosmith will bite the dust as quick as he thought I would. If I hit a Shockwave on a kneeled DE, he better have shadowstep ready of he is a Dead Deadeye. Also, Prime Light Beam cannot be dodged with teleports (It still track until the shot is fired and don't have travel time) which make it very useful against a profession that is heavily reliant on teleporting like Thief and Mesmer and it's also Unblockable.

Spellbreakers there isn't much I can help you with. They are superior to Holosmith in every aspect (Offense, Defense and Mobility). All I can say is that there are plenty of bad Spellbreakers that you'll still beat if you can outlive their two Endure Pains. But against a equally skilled opponent, SB have the advantage and will most likely win.

ya mainly mesmer, and spellbreakers the only two i can't beat in a equal skill level. Even at my rate it's a battle that would get dragged on to long and i simply do not have the abilities to drag a battle that long against those two classes. Scourge can be a hit or miss it just depends where and when im facing them, most of the time i do burn them down with rifle then close the cap easily once theirs under 50% health.

my only complain is that i wish rocket boots would give us an evade action while mid air/landing. I feel like that might give us the small sustain we really want from time to time at least for my play style. I can't count how many times i rocket boot myself out of a fight but because theirs a mark on the ground even if i jump over the mark it gets triggered.... which pisses me off lol.

@Fplattel.1460 said:If you're talking about DPS in terms of PvE, Holosmith isn't all that far behind. Sure there's weaver and firebrand peaking out above. But they've somewhat always been top of the charts.

A small numbers rework would ofcourse never hurt, but I disagree with it being lacking.

Soulbeast and renegade are also above it, scourge was too until the shade fix that made scourge hit the floor.

@Adamantium.3682 said:Holosmith is behind other builds that don't kill themselves and offer better group support at the same time.

^ this at least for spvp reasons, i love the quick burst and dps scaling when melting someone down but imo theirs just other classes that can do it just as good and mainily mesmers able to do the same job for a low risk/high reward which is crazy to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Holosmith is fun, but brings so little to the table. Bad engineering concept. Kits and things like the Mortar we're made weaker to help "funnel" interests into the new elite spec, But I have a hard time not getting enraged at the poor engineered concepts applied to the class. if i wanted to swing a sword around I'd play a warrior. And really, just apply the super fun box skins to your warrior and Viola' You now have a better performing mechanic, or better yet do that with a guardian and you got the look but with a double helping of awesomesauce.

Archived