Changes that changed nothing.

Deax.1572

I went to work with the thought that today is the balance patch day, i was quite excited (oh foolish me, again). I had hopes that Anet did notice valid criticisms of Deadeye and it's lack of anything meaningful (it gives no unique party-wide buff, it's cc is non-existent, it's dps is lower than a quaggan's slap, it offers nothing to a group). Not to mention how malice build up was slow and didn't last long enough.But the nerfs to Daredevil?.... Why? With the amount of cripples, chills and imobs being thrown around like candy on Halloween is just insulting. Might as well change the trait to Hindered Combatant and add an icon of a gun shooting your own foot because that's basically what you're doing.

I'm quite sad. Oh well. Rip thief.

Yep. Nothing changed. I mean, the Daredevil crowd is pissed, but who cares about them anyways! They sorely needed to l2p and stop getting carried by UC'n all that shit. (jkjk)

"Balance Patch" they said. All we got were a bunch of bugfixes. Then again, being a Thief also means getting shafted at every opportunity.

In fairness, the Power Deadeye's DPS is just bellow Staff Daredevil according to qt (Not thanks to the Rifle though). It's the Condi-plague that pushes everything to the moon and beyond.

This is the part that makes me laugh, it's almost as good as "Purity of purpose": "This update for the thief is focused mostly around the deadeye specialization and fixing bugs that were hindering them from reaching their full potential."

Yep not being able to use stolen skills while jumping was totally what prevented this spec for reaching its "Full potential". /s

@TwiceDead.1963 said:Yep. Nothing changed. I mean, the Daredevil crowd is pissed, but who cares about them anyways! They sorely needed to l2p and stop getting carried by UC'n all that kitten. (jkjk)

"Balance Patch" they said. All we got were a bunch of bugfixes. Then again, being a Thief also means getting shafted at every opportunity.

In fairness, the Power Deadeye's DPS is just bellow Staff Daredevil according to qt (Not thanks to the Rifle though). It's the Condi-plague that pushes everything to the moon and beyond.

yeap, like all messing up UC like this did was making thieves get mechanically better. Fact is it did mostly nothing apart of adding another annoyance in the game play, cause the key to a good game is to annoy it's player base with unnecessary undesired but "creative" changes.

Everyone knew we weren't going to get a ranged burst weapon with competetive DPS before PoF launched. It's impossible with this games design and the range dps tax.

Rifle would require a major skill split from PvP modes and they don't split that bad due to trying to keep a feel of consistancy between game modes.

Ele staff is a special case because it requires gimmick scenario and melee anyway on a large hitbox immobile target.

Rifle will Never be a top damage spec, just like Scourge will never go back to that spot.

Archived