Peak Performance - I need some clarification how it works

Cerby.1069

Peak Performance: This trait no longer increases the damage of physicalskills, but instead increases the warrior’s strike damage by 33% (10% inPvP) for 5 seconds whenever a physical skill is used.

From this it seems to say that you use a physical skill, so like bulls charge, then your power damage is 33% better for 5 seconds.

Ingame though it says that when you use a physical skill it makes ur other physical skills do +33% during a 5 second window after the proc. So its a case of using bullscharge and then using another physical skill in the next 5 seconds like throw bola....and the throw bola doing 33% more damage. This just doesn't make sense to me, cause it would only be useful to builds that take alot of physical skills, at least 2....and physical skills were intended to do crummy damage to begin with and their base values are scaled to crap intentionally. Maybe with rampage going it shines more?

I just need some clarification here, whats actually happening? I couldn't really tell ingame....so im inclined to beleive its infact the second one there as the real story. There's also "what does strike damage mean", most would assume it means power based damage but.....you for all we know it could refer to condi as well without testing.

@nicknamenick.2437 said:

@Cerby.1069 said:

@Jzaku.9765 said:

@Sartharina.3542 said:I think it's only 10% in PvP/WvW.

It is, it's stated in the patch notes

i look at dulfy, and ingame it says 33% as well for wvsw

Yup. 10 for pvp.You get the extra dmg for 5 seconds after the physical utility skill has ended (doesnt need to be hitting something)

And it does work btw

@Jzaku.9765 said:

It only mentions PvP in the patch notes for this trait. Usually when they do that, it implies the PvE and WvW versions function the same. I'm not saying you're wrong though because Anet is very careless with the wording on their patch notes and tooltips a lot of the time. Look no further than earlier in this thread when people are confused about what "strike damage" is. I'm just wondering if it's another case of poorly-written patch notes, or if it is 33% in WvW.

@SWI.4127 said:

@Jzaku.9765 said:

It only mentions PvP in the patch notes for this trait. Usually when they do that, it implies the PvE and WvW versions function the same. I'm not saying you're wrong though because Anet is very careless with the wording on their patch notes and tooltips a lot of the time. Look no further than earlier in this thread when people are confused about what "strike damage" is. I'm just wondering if it's another case of poorly-written patch notes, or if it is 33% in WvW.

Oh jeeze I hope it doesn't give 33% in WvW. That would be no bueno.

By the way, it's a sizeable nerf to traited Rampage (20% loss in damage modifier) unless I miss some hidden change.

It's nice in PvP, but doesn't make some physical-focused build. For something like this to happen, the modifier would have to be 20-30% or one of the physical skills (bolas for example) reworked into some sort of condition clear to contest stances.

Archived