When are we getting a real balance patch?

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I will assume due to not knowing skritt about WvW and PvP, but what's the problem with it compared to PvE? I would assume they work the same.

They mostly do.

People in WvW have a problem with what's called blobs where in he who nukes best wins. If it's not a blob problem, its a 0 trade off build used by roamers agitating someone whose not used to WvW.

PvP has this weird space of being played so seriously that people magically forget to not fight in red circles....Not sure why, but that's literally the problem for 90% of scourge OP complaints.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I will assume due to not knowing skritt about WvW and PvP, but what's the problem with it compared to PvE? I would assume they work the same.

They mostly do.

People in WvW have a problem with what's called blobs where in he who nukes best wins. If it's not a blob problem, its a 0 trade off build used by roamers agitating someone whose not used to WvW.

PvP has this weird space of being played so seriously that people magically forget to not fight in red circles....Not sure why, but that's literally the problem for 90% of scourge OP complaints.

Both PvP and WvW blob play require players to fight in specific areas. Capture points are small, and can easily be filled with AoE. In blob WvW, you have to position to engage the other blob. This also limits the ability to move out of AoE. Moving out of that area means ceding the advantage to the enemy. That's why the boonshare meta came to be. Without those boons, players could not survive the massive overlapping red circles. Scourges and Spellbreakers are, of course, good at boon countering, which is almost certainly a reaction by ANet to complaints about unkillable blobs.

As to zero trade-offs, yeah, there's been more and more of that.

Archived