Statue of Dwayna Hero Challenge

HtFde.3856

I'd really like to know from the developer who designed that what happened in his life that he felt it would be ok for the players to be punished in such a way. Why did you feel the need to park a pretty strong champion right on top of a hero challenge? Nowadays where Orr is almost deserted - at least Malchor's is most of the time. Of course - you can do it easy cheesy with stealth if your class has access to it - but why in the first place put that champion right on top of that hero challenge?

I bet it's the same developer who thought it would be fun to ram Not so Secret down players' throats who strife for the dive master title. I really wish I had done the title before that crap came out.

I believe there's a stealth kit you can buy from a heart vendor near the Black Citadel that's pretty much made for hero points like this.

While I'm sure it was set up as it is back when Orr was the end game and more populated, now you can consider it a challenge to be met with either combat skill, or world knowledge. (The world knowledge being knowing where to get the kits.) You might also try distracting it with a summoned pet. Or both the pet and the kit. And yes, pet summoning items can be gotten from other heart vendors. Again, just have to know what ones.

They want to make map completion a challenge. Same reason you have some obnoxious hero challenges in other maps (Balthazar's Rest HP anyone?) They sprinkle in enough easy and medium challenge hero points that people can complete their specs, and the obnoxious ones are there really for people who are going to 100% completion.

@Erulogos.2591 said:They want to make map completion a challenge. Same reason you have some obnoxious hero challenges in other maps (Balthazar's Rest HP anyone?) They sprinkle in enough easy and medium challenge hero points that people can complete their specs, and the obnoxious ones are there really for people who are going to 100% completion.

Hard to justify that statement when I just purchased the missing Orr HPs with wvw rewards on an alt rather than deal with them.

Stealth Gyro ftw - I have 100% on 5 characters now so I always find a way to do it but I still question the wisdom behind parking the champ just there ... HoT ... well ... that's a zerg map anyway but some HPs in Tyria stand out (in a bad way) and that is one of those. Normally you have to kill a vet to commune or have a fight challenge. So those that have a champion parked in front of them stand out (in a bad way) and Malchor's is LOUSY with those exceptions ...

Archived