Reduce useless clicking

There is a lot of useless clicking in the game now, either for buttons that are in awkward places or for things that just don't need to have acknowledgments. Please fix these up:

• Remember crafting level/item level selections in crafting from one login to the next, so we don't have to uncheck levels every time we log in.
  • Confirmation popups for banners serve no purpose except to mess up action cam players. If you feel that you have to let people know, a less obtrusive method would be better.
  • Confirmation when you get items from the Mystic Forge or crafting isn't needed; we see the item to the side. At least make it timed instead of clicked.
  • Repeat option for Mystic Forge.
  • Mystic forge recipes, so we don't have to click out of and back into the game to get things from the wiki.
  • Option to automatically craft sub-components in crafting, so we don't have to click through multiple levels of crafting windows (also prevents overcrafting by accident).
  • Completion of story content/events where there is no choice to make should have timed notices instead of giant splashes you have to get out of the way before something kills you.
  • Confirmation for adding bouncy chests to inventory is not needed (or just put them straight in to begin with).
  • Useless buy notifications that come up every time, ie the warning about Coffers in Sire's landing, about discounted fractal keys, etc. We don't need to see these every time.
  • Type name to destroy needs to be more context sensitive. Once we have completed the content/collection, we shouldn't have to type anything to ditch an item with no other purpose.
  • Place deposit in the main inventory, rather than in the gear menu.
  • Optionally place sort in the main inventory too (I know some people don't like this option, so make it a choice).
  • Optional deposit + sort in one button in main inventory would also be nice.
  • Combine Equip, Wardrobe, and Dyes into a single window. There is no reason for them to be separated, especially wardrobe and dyes since it makes it awkward to set looks up since you have to go back and forth AND remember dye choices as they reset when you confirm the change of skins.
  • Autodeposit items which have no other purpose, ie Badges, Proofs, karma granters, currency granters, etc. Consume all is much nicer than before but still needs extra clicks.
  • Consume all for fractal encryptions (ie open as many as you have keys).
  • Salvage all/consume all for stacks of LS3 currency (when converting to Unbound Magic)
  • Auto-reload for harvesting tools. Just put them in if you have more and are not in battle (restrict to regulars in case of special tools).
  • Account-wide slots for infinite gathering tools. The amount of clicking to constantly move them around using shared slots or the bank is nuts.
  • Full gather with 1 F. No purpose to forcing gathering in groups of 3 (wood, ore) or 1 (everything else) if more strikes are happening. Especially bad with the guild hall and home nodes.

These may individually be minor but they add up over time. Save our fingers, keyboards, and mice.

Anything, any little thing they can do to reduce the clicks would be appreciated. It was Wintersday a few years back that broke me, and since then I've noticed every extra click I have to make. Having to click to accept a notification of a reward is the one that is bugging me the most right now.

At the very least I would love a keybind to shut those silly windows.

Cheers OP, I was thinking about opening a thread on this subject myself!

So many things badly need a "consume all/salvage all/open all" option to reduce the strain on hands and mice. In particular, I'm thinking about currently un-comsumable LS3 currencies (salvaging a half-stack of bloodstone crystals, ouch), all sorts of loot containers and loot-containers-in-loot-containers, and level boost tomes. A unified preview window for skins and dyes, properly separated for each armor piece, would be great too, and while we are at it, please make it possible to select a dye to preview from our own dye panel. I dislike having to look for the dye on the trading post to preview it.

A proper crafting queue with the option to add all sub-recipes for an item is also very, very high on my personal wishlist for this game.

Levelling could also do with some click reduction. "Consume all" for a stack of tomes, as I said, _and_a way to tell the game to please not spam me with those 79 popups one by one.

@Chadramar.8156 said:Levelling could also do with some click reduction. "Consume all" for a stack of tomes, as I said, _and_a way to tell the game to please not spam me with those 79 popups one by one.

In addition to that: When you use an experience scroll, you have to get through ALL of those level up messages and goodies. I see how it can be useful for new players, but an option to just receive everything (which isn't something from a set of items you can choose from) would be much appreciated.The honorable exception being the Lvl 80 boost from buying PoF, but this nets you a full set of exotic gear anyway.

@Irreverent.3594 said:Wardrobe and dyes in same window would be so awesome. Hate it when i set new skins, go to dyes, set colours and then like what i see, so i go back to wardrobe to accept and then dyes reset.....

This is probably the most egregious of the current fashion wars issues. Colors make or break a look, but you can't set up colors and armors at once. It makes things needlessly complicated and click heavy.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

@Irreverent.3594 said:Wardrobe and dyes in same window would be so awesome. Hate it when i set new skins, go to dyes, set colours and then like what i see, so i go back to wardrobe to accept and then dyes reset.....

This is probably the most egregious of the current fashion wars issues. Colors make or break a look, but you can't set up colors and armors at once. It makes things needlessly complicated and click heavy.

You can preview skins and dyes before committing changes. If you apply skins you can simply go back and in to the dye panel to select dyes. I don't think having those on one panel together would be better because of the sheer amount of skins and dyes in the game. I do agree with several of the other things to reduce clicking but the wardrobe is not one of them.

@Wolfheart.7483 said:

You can preview skins and dyes before committing changes. If you apply skins you can simply go back and in to the dye panel to select dyes. I don't think having those on one panel together would be better because of the sheer amount of skins and dyes in the game. I do agree with several of the other things to reduce clicking but the wardrobe is not one of them.

First, previewing a look with dyes requires clicking back and forth between the dyes and the wardrobe panels. Second, confirming that wardrobe change RESETS the dyes, so if you haven't written down, memorized, or used other external means to record your new setup you will lose any work you have done on them. Both the clicking back and forth and having to redo any dye work are serious UI issues. They are both sources of serious amounts of needless clicks. The job of the dev is to provide streamlined UI, and this is not. The volume of skins and/or dyes has no bearing on it being bad UI.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

@Wolfheart.7483 said:

First, previewing a look with dyes requires clicking back and forth between the dyes and the wardrobe panels. Second, confirming that wardrobe change RESETS the dyes, so if you haven't written down, memorized, or used other external means to record your new setup you will lose any work you have done on them. Both the clicking back and forth and having to redo any dye work are serious UI issues. They are both sources of serious amounts of needless clicks.

It does not reset the dyes. It is a visual bug. If you select skins and dyes then apply the changes, it will appear that the dyes reset when viewing your character in the hero panel. When you are at that point, if you go back to the main hero screen and go into the dye panel again, it will "refresh" the look and all dyes will be visible as you selected them.

Again, having dyes and skins on separate panels is fine in my opinion. If they did choose to change it, it needs to be done in such a way that the panels do not become too cluttered.

What I mean by the wardrobe not being an issue with clicking is that you are doing several clicks but they are going from one dye/skin to the next or changing which panel you are in. That is far different than having several stacks of 250 loot bags to open. The clicking issues are much more important with things like that than with skin/dye changing. How often you change skins/dyes is based entirely on user preferences for their character. Loot bags are going to be opened by every player. So the amount of clicking with loot bags is universal, whereas the amount of wardrobe clicks is not.

It took me literally 5 seconds to make this mockup of a combined wardrobe and dye panel in photoshop. Just have the panel on the left contextually show either skins (if you click on the item) or dyes (if you click on the dye channel). As far as equipping weapons and armor, you could put a little carve out on the top for applicable items when you click on the item slot, just as they do now for skins and minis when you have the relevant item in you inventory.

8vYm0

If you don't see the use that's fine, but for some people who change things a lot and often it is a major problem. Don't assume that just because you don't see the issue there is not one.

@"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:It took me literally 5 seconds to make this mockup of a combined wardrobe and dye panel in photoshop. Just have the panel on the left contextually show either skins (if you click on the item) or dyes (if you click on the dye channel).

8vYm0

If you don't see the use that's fine, but for some people who change things a lot and often it is a major problem. Don't assume that just because you don't see the issue there is not one.

I did say it wasn't an issue in my opinion. I am not disputing it could be a little QoL improvement. What I am saying is that this topic was about the large amount of clicking needed in the game. Changing dyes/skins is largely based on user preference. Some players rarely change them, others do every day. I change all the time, usually multiple times on multiple characters every day. The amount of clicking for the wardrobe is minimal compared to the amount of clicking to open bags.

Essentially, if Anet starts focusing on ways to reduce clicking (the topic of this thread), the wardrobe should be one of the last things looked at because the number of clicks varies widely from player to player. They should focus on things that produce the most clicks in the shortest amount of time for the most players, e.g. loot bags.

@Sebbl.2806 said:In addition to that: When you use an experience scroll, you have to get through ALL of those level up messages and goodies. I see how it can be useful for new players, but an option to just receive everything (which isn't something from a set of items you can choose from) would be much appreciated.

Exactly, that is what I meant.

yes a shared gathering tool slot is more then welcome. i want the tools on every chars. but it cost 2700 gems. it's a lot of money or gold. we may have some bonus. np if i buy gems for 20 euro. but i don't want to buy it 5 times.

it said you can use them on every char account wide. so i thought it's shared. but you have to switch them every time. misleading.

Archived