[Poll] Which mesmer's OH weapon do you think needs the most work in PvE?

bart.3687

Okay, so we've had it for MH weapons, and there was some nice opinion sharing on it. Time for OHs. What do you think?Edit: There were supposed to be "Shield", "Each of them" and "None" options too, but I accidentally pressed enter and can't edit the poll options anymore. meh >.>

(I’ve suddenly developed a distaste in speculating and theorycrafting when it comes to things we should get since “it’ll never get implemented”.)

But anyways, I sometimes wondered if they’d ever increase our weapon skill bar, even if it’s by 1 to give our off hands an extra skill. I just feel the Phantasm summoning is becoming a wasted slot when they could’ve just had it like:Offhand Slot 4Offhand Slot 5Offhand Slot 6 (Phantasm skill)Just for more skill options instead of just having the 2.

Back to the OP, for PVE wise, I really don’t know what I’d ideally choose to tweak since we NEED to have a slot for summoning a phantasm. But I’d probably pick Offhand Sword and make skill 4 a channeling block.

Its torch or focus both torch and focus phantasms need to be updated warden needs to move when attacking if the target moves and Image i think its called just needs some sort of rework entirely I would be fine with killing its bounce all together and increasing its single target damage or making its cleave better make them eles using a weaker lava font that stacks burning or something so they would pretty much outclass duelists on anything that didn't move o and remove the fury if its a reason that's holding the Image from being stronger.

Pistol because it has an identity crisis. Its damaging attack is power based, and summons a power based phantasm, yet when traited it becomes top DPS due to a condition that has a chance at being applied. Both pistol 4 and the phantasm are single target, yet pistol 5 is a bouncing attack that may or may not land the second CC on the enemy you want it to. Not to mention, it also does applies paltry conditions, seemingly just because it can, instead of power damage.

Skill wise, the weapon is fine. Design wise it has an identity crisis and doesn't personally feel fun to play.

i also have to side with Torch here, even though everyone brings up extremely valid points for the others

the way i see it, though....

• Focus has its place with projectile manipulation, further empowered when traited
  • Pistol has its place with condi builds
  • Sword has its place with power builds

Torch..... however.....that Mage....it sounds like it should be the best spellcasterbut it's literally the worst?

Backfire was one of the most powerful hexes in a Mesmer's arsenal in guild wars 1... this mage was supposed to be a replacement for that?...it casts... Backfire... it was called... Backfire... early on in development

the bouncing made no sense when the game came out, and it's pushed further down the useless hole of bad dps/utility (fury? for utility? now a days? -rolls eyes-) with the fact that the bouncing is just a bad mechanic, lowered accuracy, lower chance of it even working how you want it to........

it shouldn't give fury, especially as a condi weapon, and it shouldn't even bother affecting allies, it should be a ruthlessly offensive spellcaster like a Domination mesmer was from Guild Wars 1....

Torch because no matter how good prestige is, or how good the burn burst is in pvp (synchronising image cast with prestige burn), iMage is still an awful phantasm.

30s cooldown for iMage is ridiculous, the bounce attack isn't great (at least make it travel a bit faster) and the fury ought to be a reliable pulse around the phantasm as it attacks.

Worst phantasm by far is staff, 100% condi / survival weapon with a power phantasm. . . bleh. Would really have rather seen the disenchanter or a party buffer as the staffs phantasm instead.

But for 1h / off-hand focus gets my vote, the phantasm skill and the accompanying phantasm are both too niche and just not good enough.

Archived