Renegade Reborn, Expac Faith Restored

Messor.9520

For those like me branding the new expac as a fail for Revenants, look no further. I have found THE renegade build. it plays like a skirmisherhowever it does not use the legend so if thats what you seek look elsewhere. if i get more than ten interested I will post the build and how to use it. trolls will not count towards the total. if you are personally interested, mail me in-game.

Cor 2/2/1, Dev 1/3/3, Ren 3/2/1Rabid amulet, Rune of Speed(pvp)|||Rabid accessories and Dire gear, Rune of the Undead(pve),(pvp) SB-Agony/Smouldering and Mace/Axe- Misery/Escape|||(pve) SB-fire/ice and Mace/Axe-torment/fireMallyx and Jalis for both PVP and PVE

this plays like a skirmishing build, similar to ranger shortbow, but without as much mobility.PVP- open with either f3 or SB 4 skills, and knockdown those trying to flee to waste their stunbreaks. when in close quarters be sure to use vengeful hammers and mace/axe for best sustain, using evades and swapping stances based on your opponent. if vs condi, go for mal. the resistance is crucial, so try to use mal's elite as a burst, rather than an ongoing skill, to save energy. dwarf does great against power because it works well as a secondary, for stability, the healing, and potential condition application from it critting those around you. shortbow 3 is easier to use than it seems, but you have to put it where your enemy will be in a second or two, rather than where he/she is. shortbow 4 is an excellent entry skill as well as blanket condition damage to place on downs and thos trying to revive of finish them. save shortbow 5 as a control when you need it.PVE- the strategy is similar to power hammer and regular condi rev, skirt and aggro, aoe rinse and repeat. in a bind, your vengeful hammers will keep you rolling and fighting the boss at a meager health value, although it can cause a lack of energy so it is also a good idea to watch what and when you do things

Have you actually tested this yet? After reading over this it seems as though you'll die within seconds of anyone so much as looking at you. The build lacks defensive abilities beyond the hammers which are, in my opinion, so minor it's better to not even consider them outside of pve. Moreover, I cannot imagine that opening with citadel bombardment is a good use of energy, even if you took advantage of the 5 extra missiles from the grandmaster trait, which you aren't because you're saying it's an option as an opening attack. There's more criticism to be made; I might get to them later once I have the time.

@Arkaile.5604 said:Have you actually tested this yet? After reading over this it seems as though you'll die within seconds of anyone so much as looking at you. The build lacks defensive abilities beyond the hammers which are, in my opinion, so minor it's better to not even consider them outside of pve. Moreover, I cannot imagine that opening with citadel bombardment is a good use of energy, even if you took advantage of the 5 extra missiles from the grandmaster trait, which you aren't because you're saying it's an option as an opening attack. There's more criticism to be made; I might get to them later once I have the time.

yeah need to play condi renegade like old condi rev and hope you burst people down or else your dead. It is fun though, watching people die to reneagde is always entertaining. Renegade has soo many energy issues in pvp, I use shiro/malix, can't really use the orders or sb skills very well, they suck up energy like mad.

Thank you for using corrupt 2-2-1... 2-2-2 is horrible synergy bait that torment bombs yourself and constantly procs when you don't want it to. It like tricks people into thinking that they're being clever, but DI is just so much more superior in both damage and controlability.

That said, not sure how you're staying alive with this build. It's pretty suicidal to not take Shiro in sPvP--one immob and yer dead af--and literally everyone is immob-spamming these days... I mean you have your escape sigil (even though it's on the wrong weapon) and you have resistance, but resistance is sketchy to use even when it's not your only line of defense. All in all, Jalis is still terrible in PvP, any mitigation it brings isn't even close to the amount of mitigation a single Riposting Shadows provides.

@narcx.3570 said:Thank you for using corrupt 2-2-1... 2-2-2 is horrible synergy bait that torment bombs yourself and constantly procs when you don't want it to. It like tricks people into thinking that they're being clever, but DI is just so much more superior in both damage and controlability.

That said, not sure how you're staying alive with this build. It's pretty suicidal to not take Shiro in sPvP--one immob and yer dead af--and literally everyone is immob-spamming these days... I mean you have your escape sigil (even though it's on the wrong weapon) and you have resistance, but resistance is sketchy to use even when it's not your only line of defense. All in all, Jalis is still terrible in PvP, any mitigation it brings isn't even close to the amount of mitigation a single Riposting Shadows provides.

yeah no clue how is staying alive, I play condi Renegade with Shiro/malyx and hope I can burst people down and run away before i get hit lol

Grieving Amulet+Rune of the Lynx provides so more damage and the +25% movement speed bonus at the cost of the procs to get Swiftness and the increased duration to swiftness. You also trade roughly minor condi damage for major direct damage (your build,with mace 2 dose 89 direct damage and 1268 burning damage,while mine does 198 direct damage and 1237 condi damage with mace 2).The main benefit here is trading the swiftness proc and increase swiftness duration for direct damage!Also for Condi Renegade, I think Invo is better than Deva, for stun break on legend swap+energy gain. If you use Malyx,that's free Resistance when you legend swap to Mallyx.

yes i have used it and when you keep mobile it is easy to avoid and retreat from all of the general fray. the hammers synergize with dev x/x/3 and the grandmaster trait in that every second you are gaining between 400 and 300 health. also on every strike the hammers have a 46-79%/33% * x chance of applying vulnerability and torment, where (x) is the amount of targets. it strikes 2.75 times in a second, with is the mathematical probability. paired with autoattack it can devastate all those that come near you. i use this to focus down the target and move on to the next, usually swapping to shortbow if they arent trying to rez the down. this build has decent sustain when paired with mobility with excellent offense. i treat it as a constantly mobile, high damage output. the only builds it hangs up on are those with high physical and condition damage. i tend to stay out of scourge rings and am very patient when dealing with guardians and rangers. yes i have tested it and have some videos uploaded of it

first thing, I was on the phone while playing, second, im not claiming to be pro. its that this build works and there ae times when i steam roll and times when i get stacked up against by better coordination. and the build does work this is just the only footage i have of it, plus some games on the same channel. trust me the build works, give it a try before you doubt it

Archived