One Wolf Pack is actually pretty nice

Skuzz.6580

Now this is theoretical as I can't hit golems right now.If for whatever reason I misjudged the Skill description then please do correct me.But let's take a look at the potential of One Wolf Pack.

The Basics:

• One Wolf Pack Simply (as I understand it) Deals additional damage every 1/2 second 1 second later (damage scales good with power, is effected by damage buffs and can crit) for 8 seconds.
  • Take the appropriate build (http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsXTnUqAlsgd8CuCCs8ilCBj5dV1SdPdhoVAI/62dLvjIN-jhBBABYt/o8LgTBQlq/cmSQAeCA5pPgUARMGA-e)
  • With this build, having fury active, you will crit 100% of the time (3% off when not flanking thanks to the crit chance sigils, 100% when flanking)
  • Your crits will deal 300% damage (the build overview does not account for Pet's Prowess and Vicious Quarry)
  • Assume your HP is higher than your Enemy (+10% damage)
  • Taking the passive 7% damage from Furious Strenght
  • Sigil of Force = 5%

The maximum potential:

• The maximum potential from One Wolf Pack is making sure you trigger the maximum 16 procs (need Quickness for that which Moa Stance + Quickening Zephyr will give you)
  • Use Sic'Em
  • The damage multipliers will then be +62% damage and +300% crit damage with 100% crit chance
  • This makes the damage (16 x ({775 x 3} x 1.62) = 60264 damage assuming an average armored target (2597 armor)

Realistically:

• Now here is the problem this skill faces, the interval being 1/2 seconds means that when you for instance have an attack of 1/4 second, your attack after that might not trigger the 2nd interval
  • Realistically speaking I think an average of 2/3th of the procs can be met, still putting out a considerable amount of damage (~40k)

We'll have to see how this works out in practice on some training golems but the numbers do look promising honestly, a whole lot more than any other Elite skill we have access to will deal for sure, or any other class for that matter.This sure makes our stance sharing Grandmaster trait worth looking at when in a group with other power users (as I understand it they gain the effect, which means it uses their own power for calculations).

Don't worry, in 4 more days I can test this on raid golem.I doubt it'd be more useful than Strength of the Pack aside from organized pve group set up though.We always lack stability, and SBeast doesn't change that a single bit.

Also does the tool tip says One Wolf Pack can crit or not?

PS: Condition ele FGS is doing alot more damage than 60k, with much higher uptime.

@Aomine.5012 said:Don't worry, in 4 more days I can test this on raid golem.I doubt it'd be more useful than Strength of the Pack aside from organized pve group set up though.We always lack stability, and SBeast doesn't change that a single bit.

PS: Condition ele FGS is doing alot more damage than 60k, with much higher uptime.

Actually, Soulbeast does give you Dolyak Stance for stability

@Pvt Frosty.6973 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:Don't worry, in 4 more days I can test this on raid golem.I doubt it'd be more useful than Strength of the Pack aside from organized pve group set up though.We always lack stability, and SBeast doesn't change that a single bit.

Not in the Beta :P

@Aomine.5012 said:

Not in the Beta :P

It actually did in the beta, just not on the caster (which was a bug), and will be fixed I'm sure.Dolyak gives 6 seconds which is just 2 seconds worse then Strenght of the pack.Honestly, I don't see any reason to use Strenght of the Pack, every buff besides stability is just a waste since you will have perma swiftness and fury anyway.

60k damage, I mean, how can you pass up on that? (1k dps)

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:Also does the tool tip says One Wolf Pack can crit or not?

Tooltip does not mention it but the second strike can critically strike.

All abilities/skills that have the direct damage icon can crit, it never states 'can crit' on tooltips ;)

What about a not bugged Dolly Stance? That changes it a lot!

Since this attack can crit, on crit sigils on weapons would add a considerable amount of dps if they have low cooldowns. playing as a hybrid Earth sigils could stack a lot of additional bleeds, playing as pure power air sigil could proc additional times with the extra attacks. High single target damage is helpful in raids.

@Prophet.1584 said:Since this attack can crit, on crit sigils on weapons would add a considerable amount of dps if they have low cooldowns. playing as a hybrid Earth sigils could stack a lot of additional bleeds, playing as pure power air sigil could proc additional times with the extra attacks. High single target damage is helpful in raids.

You are not counting the ICD from the sigils.You still do the same procs once every 2 seconds with air and once every 5 seconds with earth. This stance will not benefit from anything other than effects with no ICD.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Prophet.1584 said:Since this attack can crit, on crit sigils on weapons would add a considerable amount of dps if they have low cooldowns. playing as a hybrid Earth sigils could stack a lot of additional bleeds, playing as pure power air sigil could proc additional times with the extra attacks. High single target damage is helpful in raids.

You are not counting the ICD from the sigils.
You still do the same procs once every 2 seconds with air and once every 5 seconds with earth. This stance will not benefit from anything other than effects with no ICD.

Air ICD is 3 sec btw.Earth is 2 sec ICD.

@Coconut.7082 said:

@Skuzz.6580 said:60k damage, I mean, how can you pass up on that? basically translates to 6k dps (not even counting alacrity)

???60k damage over the course of 60 seconds = 1k DPSwith permanent alacrity (45 sec cd) = 1.333k DPS

You are right, I miscounted horribly :P.I still take a 1k dps increase over any of the other choices though

Archived