Level 80 boost question?

Xaretic.2318

@Xaretic.2318 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:You don't have to do or even own Heart of Thorns to start Path of Fire. So, you can start playing Path of Fire as soon as you have a level 80 character.

Ok good, but I take it I won't get the character specialization like reaper for necro without completing HoT

Correct. HoT specializations (such as Reaper) require HoT. You'll be able to use the PoF specializations once you unlock them, though.

@Xaretic.2318 said:If I buy the boost can I start playing with my friends in path of fire right away. The reason I ask is someone in game said No, you must do all of heart of thorns storyline first.

You shouldn't have to buy the boost. I believe one is included with Path of Fire.

With that said -- you're going to be absolutely awful and your friends are going to hate you for it. Leveling your class and learning to play it is the best way to deal with expansion content since it's considerably more difficult than core content.

yup, as everyone above said, you don't need to play HoT in order to play PoF. But you DO need to be level 80 before you can start either one.

HoT gives you Gliding and:Specializations: Reaper for necromancers, Chronomancer for mesmers, Tempest for elementalists, Dragonhunter for guardians, Berserker for warriors, Herald for revenants, Daredevil for thieves, Druid for rangers, and Scrapper for engineers

PoF gives you Mounts and:Specializations: Scourge for necromancers, Mirage for mesmers, Weaver for elementalists, Firebrand for guardians, Spellbreaker for warriors, Renegade for revenants, Deadeye for thieves, Soulbeast for rangers, and Holosmith for engineers

@Chickenooble.5014 said:

@Xaretic.2318 said:If I buy the boost can I start playing with my friends in path of fire right away. The reason I ask is someone in game said No, you must do all of heart of thorns storyline first.

You shouldn't have to buy the boost. I believe one is included with Path of Fire.

With that said -- you're going to be absolutely awful and your friends are going to hate you for it. Leveling your class and learning to play it is the best way to deal with expansion content since it's considerably more difficult than core content.

If the OPs friends are the ones encouraging them to use the boost and start on PoF they should be prepared for the fact that they're bringing a new person into it and willing to compensate for that, otherwise they're pretty poor friends.

Archived