Glyph of Renewal rework?

Razor.6392

Give it stun breaker properties and remove them from GoEP.

40 seconds cd.

When activated in fire: Reduce all fire cooldowns by 15 seconds. Gain 250 power for 5 seconds.When activated in water: Reduce all water cooldowns by 15 seconds. Remove all conditions.When activated in earth: Reduce all earth cooldowns by 15 seconds. Gain resistance for 5 seconds.When activated in air: Reduce all air cooldowns by 15 seconds. Gain superspeed and quickness for 5 seconds.

Cleansing Fire:

Cooldown reduced to 20 seconds.Trait cooldown remains the same.Only removes Burning, Poison, Bleeding, Confusion or Torment.Gives Might for every stack of a single condition removed (8s)

Thoughts?

To be honest every single res skill in the game is awful, and on those rare occasions one or two haven't been, they've been obscenely overpowered, that seems to be the only two state res skills are capable of being in.

The devs might need to just consider that maybe instant resurrection skills aren't a healthy mechanic for GW2.

As for your suggestion, I like the idea. But, this would provide for a double burst, which I don't see as a major problem, especially when the ele already has access to fresh air. That is, until you take into account your suggestion that it also become a stun breaker, as all stun breakers are instant cast, and I don't think there is any way you could balance this skill around being instant cast, something with such a weighty payoff would have to have the counterplay of being interruptable.

@Conncept.7638 said:To be honest every single res skill in the game is awful, and on those rare occasions one or two haven't been, they've been obscenely overpowered, that seems to be the only two state res skills are capable of being in.

The devs might need to just consider that maybe instant resurrection skills aren't a healthy mechanic for GW2.

As for your suggestion, I like the idea. But, this would provide for a double burst, which I don't see as a major problem, especially when the ele already has access to fresh air. That is, until you take into account your suggestion that it also become a stun breaker, as all stun breakers are instant cast, and I don't think there is any way you could balance this skill around being instant cast, something with such a weighty payoff would have to have the counterplay of being interruptable.

Well you can use it for burst purposes, but that would mean using your stun break / condi clear offensively. I think it would be fine considering the options it opens.

Double phoenix being the best use, it doesn't seem that scary compared to the burst other classes can do with less setup.

@above 5 seconds? wat

• 4 years later...