About Legendary stuff and the two generations

Daddicus.6128

There are arguably three generations of legendaries:

• The originals, which can be traded on the TP and have no special crafting requirements (since the precursors are also tradeable on the TP)
  • The second generation released with HoT, which cannot be traded on the TP & require non-tradeable precursors that are the result of complex collections.
  • The 2.1 generation after resumption of the suspension of new legendaries. These are also non-tradeable with non-tradeable precursors. They have nearly-identical currency requirements, but no associated complex collection.

The remaining 2nd generation weapons will be released concurrent with Living Story episodes, presumably one per new LS.

@Daddicus.6128 said:I don't understand what the difference is between the two generations of legendary weapons. Can someone explain it, please?

The first one is something which can be achieved by playing the game the way you want, the second isn't.

Also the first generation leggie count as a trade good since it can be traded, while the second generation leggies can't.

Also second generation managed to get some players sick because of ''legendary as a prestigious item'' idea.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:There are arguably three generations of legendaries:

• The originals, which can be traded on the TP and have no special crafting requirements (since the precursors are also tradeable on the TP)
  • The second generation released with HoT, which cannot be traded on the TP & require non-tradeable precursors that are the result of complex collections.
  • The 2.1 generation after resumption of the suspension of new legendaries. These are also non-tradeable with non-tradeable precursors. They have nearly-identical currency requirements, but no associated complex collection.

The remaining 2nd generation weapons will be released concurrent with Living Story episodes, presumably one per new LS.

Also important is that second gen requires HoT. 2.1 can be made with either HoT or PoF.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:I don't understand what the difference is between the two generations of legendary weapons. Can someone explain it, please?

The first one is something which can be achieved by playing the game the way you want, the second isn't.

Also the first generation leggie count as a trade good since it can be traded, while the second generation leggies can't.

Also second generation managed to get some players sick because of ''legendary as a prestigious item'' idea.

It's a silly idea. Money does not equal prestige.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Money does not equal prestige.

It does for some people. Many don't think any of the legendary weapons are prestigious because none require any sort of skill, just perseverance. It's true that owning a legendary weapon today isn't nearly as meaningful as it was in 2013, but that doesn't mean that people don't think of it as a sign that they've reached some important plateau of shininess.

Thanks, guys! That helps a lot. Shiny is OK with me. So is having persistence. Since they capped daily achieves (giving me another 5 years before I get radiant armor), I'm looking for a new shiny-type goal.

Are the stats any different between gen 1 & 2? For example, Viper gear is only available with HoT and beyond. Do the gen 1 legendaries allow for Viper and those other 4-slot stats?

Archived