A thanks to Anet

Sabre.8251

Anet may have made alot of bad decisions regarding WvW and didn't give it the attention we would have wanted it to get. But let us come together for new years eve and thank Anet for swinging mercilessly the Banhammer against all those Hackers that cursed WvW. All who played WvW in the early days know what i mean.I wish you all a happy new year!

Ive played GW2 WvW regulary since launch and i have no idea what on earth youre talking about.WvW never has any problems with hackers that it made the game unplayable. Only few hackers i saw was during the first year and thats it. They were removed a decade ago, ever since then nothing has happened.So why are you thanking anet when WvW has never had any hacker problems?

Thank anet for what?? Removing 1 - 10 hackers that were affecting 1-20 players?? and completely ignoring the other issues that were and still are affecting 500-800 players???Sure.. Lets all gather up and thanks them for the great job they have been doinh.Just not... But mehhO well. There comes a new infraction i guess lol

Hackers are still around. Just had a couple people talking about one on the map yesterday.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:Ive played GW2 WvW regulary since launch and i have no idea what on earth youre talking about.WvW never has any problems with hackers that it made the game unplayable. Only few hackers i saw was during the first year and thats it. They were removed a decade ago, ever since then nothing has happened.So why are you thanking anet when WvW has never had any hacker problems?

Really?The orbs in the early days of wvw had hackers taking them all the time, which is why it was removed from the game because Anet couldn't prevent the fly hack. There have been movement hacks, flying, going through walls, super speed, moving while downed. Just because you didn't personally run into one doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Hackers are still around. Just had a couple people talking about one on the map yesterday.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:Ive played GW2 WvW regulary since launch and i have no idea what on earth youre talking about.WvW never has any problems with hackers that it made the game unplayable. Only few hackers i saw was during the first year and thats it. They were removed a decade ago, ever since then nothing has happened.So why are you thanking anet when WvW has never had any hacker problems?

Really?The orbs in the early days of wvw had hackers taking them all the time, which is why it was removed from the game because Anet couldn't prevent the fly hack. There have been movement hacks, flying, going through walls, super speed, moving while downed. Just because you didn't personally run into one doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

i lead, and anet tags were on, we saw this ele who flew into walls. tele when downed. stood on un reacheable areas of the game.

dunno if they banned the guy.

Happy new Year to you also, and I wish the best for you and the GW2 community. I tend to not agree with the hacker status, but do remember invisible golems, wall hacks, fly hacks, teleport hacks ad naseum, which thankfully Anet did deal with, but that was a long time ago. I would rather than Anet relook at the wvw they have created. The linking has brought back more lag than I can remember. If you haven't purchased PoF, its a real struggle against some of the current builds, and it seems that the players that have stood by this game for over 5 years, have now been left out in the cold, So NO! I don't give free kudos and not part of any celebration yet!! Maybe if linking would fall away or consolidate the servers in a new way, it might help, but at the moment, I am not enjoying this game, but this is my opinion albeit little salty.

They haven't dealt with any of it. People are still teleport hacking, speed hacking, no clip into walls, flying, etc. They may occasionally ban someone if we raise enough stink about it in public fashion so it makes them look bad. I am still uploading all the videos just from this reset weekend of all the speed/teleport hacks I saw, and trying to get them sent in to Anet.

Archived