Weaver should get instant access to double attune

Captain Obvious.6951

OK so the Weaver gets access to 26 skills unlike most other classes that get 20, or if you play a Thief realistically you only use about 4.

Still it's a very rare case where you would even use just half of those skills. Most of the skills for survivability, ESPECIALLY STAFF, are on slot number 3!

Having to swap to earth, wait 3.5 seconds, then swap earth again... just to put on Magnetic aura is quite literally the difference between life and death in many situations.

I mean Earth is usually your defensive stuff. Invulnerabilities... shields... weakness... stuff like that. So let's look at the weaver skill slot 3 with Earth:

Earth/Air: 1.5s cast, 1800 dmg, 2s daze. No knockback, not barrier, no knockdown.
Nothing defensive here.

Earth/Water: 1100 dmg, cripple in area.

Ok possible to slow target but almost every class out there can easily remove or teleport to you. And doesn't stop pistol thief from tearing into you.

Earth/Fire: 743 dmg, pulse dmg and fire.

Once again just more damage. No weakness, no immobilize, no knockdown.

I mean the class was really fun to play with and I love the idea of the weaver. I just think if you attune to an element you should be able to use your dual attack, then have the option to instantly double attune to the element you just attuned to.

The class is called the Weaver... so let people WEAVE their attunements without the 3.5s cooldown!

@"Captain Obvious.6951" said:OK so the Weaver gets access to 26 skills unlike most other classes that get 20, or if you play a Thief realistically you only use about 4.

Still it's a very rare case where you would even use just half of those skills. Most of the skills for survivability, ESPECIALLY STAFF, are on slot number 3!

Having to swap to earth, wait 3.5 seconds, then swap earth again... just to put on Magnetic aura is quite literally the difference between life and death in many situations.

The class is called the Weaver... so let people WEAVE their attunements without the 3.5s cooldown!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unravel

@Theros.1390 said:

@"Captain Obvious.6951" said:OK so the Weaver gets access to 26 skills unlike most other classes that get 20, or if you play a Thief realistically you only use about 4.

I'm not dumb man I saw that skill.

There's a few problems with this.

1) It takes a slot up on your skill bar2) It has a 25s cooldown which is a long time for a skill that does basically nothing3) If you already attuned to a new element, you still have to wait 3.5s till you can attune again if you needed to use a skill during that time.

I think they should just dump that skill and make it so you can freely double attune to the skill you just attuned to at will.

So you swap to earth, use dual attack 3, swap earth again instantly (while other attunements are still on their 3.5s cooldown) and press 3 to get Magnetic aura up.

Or at the very least make it so Unravel gives a "PASSIVE" ability to allow you to double attune at will freely, and give it some kind of active skill like a signet.

The 3.6-4s lockout on off hand skills is still a clunky mechanic imo, even when you know which dual skill is coming up. Wasting a utility slot for Unravel won't be able to burst combo well when dual skills or double attuning does so little damage. Makes Primordial Stance the better choice.

I mean Earth is usually your defensive stuff. Invulnerabilities... shields... weakness... stuff like that. So let's look at the weaver skill slot 3 with Earth:

Earth/Air: 1.5s cast, 1800 dmg, 2s daze. No knockback, not barrier, no knockdown.

Nothing defensive here.

Earth/Water: 1100 dmg, cripple in area.

Ok possible to slow target but almost every class out there can easily remove or teleport to you. And doesn't stop pistol thief from tearing into you.

Earth/Fire: 743 dmg, pulse dmg and fire.

Once again just more damage. No weakness, no immobilize, no knockdown.

I mean the class was really fun to play with and I love the idea of the weaver. I just think if you attune to an element you should be able to use your dual attack, then have the option to instantly double attune to the element you just attuned to.

Well weavers have some interesting damage modifiers but they're not used in PvP because of survivability and yes I agree with you when you said that 3rd wep skills have some of our very important defensive skills, specially for staff. But I don't think devs will change weaver's mechanics because they don't play this spec in ranked pvp or tournament they think it's "good as it is" - and it's not. Since 2012 we've been obliged to have either Water or Arcane for survivability purposes, sometimes even both. Now that weaver heavily depends on attunement swapping equipping Arcana is a must in order to make the most of our rotations, and I'm just talking about sword, because dagger is very much forsaken. I played power staff weaver this last pvp season and got up to Plat 2, but by the end of december I got down to gold 2 and stayed there because staff is way too slow to deal damage and relies on heavy+soft CC combos to lockdown opponents so you can cast Lava Font on top of them. But none of that helps because of the amount of survivability/block/evade/stunbreak/stab other classes have, and those classes use their supportive skills without losing much of their dps potential.

Archived