Fear and its current situation. Suggesting a change.

killfil.3472

Fear is the necromancer's main form of "hard CC" (Is that the right term?) and one of the few things that can allow us to make up for our lack of survivability (mobility-wise, making the enemy distance itself from us, giving us some breathing room/possibility of escape).Currently, Fear can be negated in 4 ways, and inhibited in one way.Its application can be negated with stability, it can be removed by stunbreaks, it can be removed by condition removals, it can be ignored with resistance and can have its duration reduced by modifiers such as the one provided by the Superior Runes of Hoelbrak.

I would suggest to change Fear so that its CC effect is not ignored by resistance (Rather, resistance could simply ignore the damaging effect of it, should the necromancer in question have the trait "Terror" equipped, and the trait "Terror" could be changed so that it applies a damaging condition upon Fear's application).Should the trait "Terror" be changed, I would propose to change Fear so that it cannot be removed by Condition removals. Rather, those would remove the damaging condition applied thanks to "Terror".

Does that seem ok in your eyes, people?And devs?

As someone who mains necro and loves the playstyle, I would say no to this. Especially with scourges corrupting stability and fearing constantly. Indeed I often die to scourges not just because of the damage they do but also because between two scourges I almost in a constant state of fear (with my stun breaks used up). So making Fear more powerful will break PvP

Fear is one of those conditions that probably should have never seen the light of day. If there isn't enough of it, it's hardly worth thinking about. If there is too much, it's WAY overpowered. Losing the ability to control your character is a cheap trick.

I'm not sure the suggestion makes sense, but the way Fear is implemented now, there is very little Anet can do with it to make it reliable as an effect.

Archived