Best gear for Weaver, sword?

XTX.4910

I’ve been having a blast playing Sw/D Weaver in pvp and I want to start getting into dungeons fractals and raids. So what kind of gear should I get, I have the basic soldiers equipment from boosting to level 80 right now. How or where am I supposed to get this gear. And also do I need to use food for dungeons fractals raids or pvp. Thank you for reading and answering.

@Feanor.2358 said:Full berserker gear with a staff. You can be a special sw/d snowflake, but you won't get the same results.

This is the most powerful but also most boring way to play weaver. I stick with the sword and I make it work. I found a condition build to work better. If you're on a budget (I'm guessing you are since you recently boosted) I would just buy an armor set from the trading post. I'm running half rabid half rampagers and it works pretty well, traiting earth and fire.

@Wentworth.6901 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:Full berserker gear with a staff. You can be a special sw/d snowflake, but you won't get the same results.

This is the most powerful but also most boring way to play weaver. I stick with the sword and I make it work. I found a condition build to work better. If you're on a budget (I'm guessing you are since you recently boosted) I would just buy an armor set from the trading post. I'm running half rabid half rampagers and it works pretty well, traiting earth and fire.

You won't find a Raid group with a Sword Weaver Condi build, however.

If you're gonna do Fractals and Raids with Weaver, then I'd recommend to invest both in Condi/Hybrid Sword and Power Staff. I'd highly recommend Condi Sw/D or F for Fractals (especially if you're climbing T1-T4 through PUGs or if you're just in it for casual dailies/recs) but not so much for organized groups for fast runs and Raids. Sword is actually overall superior than staff in pugs for Fractals, the only time a Staff Weaver out dps me was when the boss had a big hitbox (w/c is not very common in Fractals btw) and when we have great heals and a team that can hold enemies in place. If you have a DPS meter, you'll see that anything outside that scenario the staff Weaver's DPS drops tremendously and you'll leave their DPS to the dust. Currently, I am using a mix of vipers and grieving (w/ berserker runes) with 100% condi burn duration and 60% bleed duration (you'd mostly want to stack burning instead of bleed) with Fire111-Arcane133-Weaver111, it's extremely dependent on Large Mist Defensive Potion (at least only in levels 70+) as this prevents you from getting one shot by bosses if you failed to dodge. But for beginning Sword Weavers in Fractals, I'd suggest going for Carrion and any of these stats: Rampager/Sinister/Grieving/Viper (Grieving requires PoF - Vipers requires HoT) stats with Balthazar runes for easy 100% burn duration.

Regarding foods, no, you don't NEED to use pots and foods in Fractals but it is almost a must for T4 especially if you're running a glass cannon melee spec like me.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:All ele needs staff all other wep are just for showUm, no. Not even close. I'm an ele main and I never use staff because it's boring. Our class is not so one dimensional and boring as just use staff. This is terrible advice, especially if you want to have fun with the class. Maybe if you only do raids this is true, but there's a lot more to this game than raids. Staff is good for large hitboxes and enemies that don't move much and mobs, but face a highly mobile single target and you're not gonna have fun.

@Wentworth.6901 said:

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:All ele needs staff all other wep are just for showUm, no. Not even close. I'm an ele main and I never use staff because it's boring. Our class is not so one dimensional and boring as just use staff. This is terrible advice, especially if you want to have fun with the class. Maybe if you only do raids this is true, but there's a lot more to this game than raids. Staff is good for large hitboxes and enemies that don't move much and mobs, but face a highly mobile single target and you're not gonna have fun.

exacty so :) staff is dull as a brick but has big pretty consistent numbers flash up on the screen when you trudge your way through your goto 3 spells that meter whores love. Sword/dagger weaver as an example is however damn fun and rewarding gameplay.

You have to wonder at people who argue for dull with numbers versus dynamic gameplay lol

My great question

while staff is sharply superior to sword in terms of dps applied in a golem, how does this apply into raid bosses?

I mean, right now im looking into snowcrows site lets per example, the site says that weaver does 24k dps into Gorseval, compared to the 45k dps which does into a golem. The most dps it does is into keep construct, which is 29-33k, even far below than golem dps.

So, golem dps is not that representative of dps, and i dont have any remote idea how sword performs on this, because there is not benchmark of sword in bosses and compared to sword, which has mobility it could perform better than staff under certain circunstances.

And now, many fights in open world and even fractals requires a lot of movement, again, sword has no problem dealing with this, but staff have this problem because many of their skills require to be still and also, there are many targets, specially bountyes, which move so much that is hard to land a damaging field on them.

@Wentworth.6901 said:

Except I am having fun, and lots of it.

Don't get me wrong, in the open world I've used literally all the weapons except Focus. They have been a nice change of pace, and I've had fun with all of them. But I can't say I've had more fun than I had with Staff. Staff is awesome.

@Feanor.2358 said:

Don't get me wrong, in the open world I've used literally all the weapons except Focus. They have been a nice change of pace, and I've had fun with all of them. But I can't say I've had more fun than I had with Staff. Staff is awesome.

Staff is good, it's just the other weapons are good too. It bugs me when people say the other weapons don't work compared to staff, because they do.

@Wentworth.6901 said:

Staff is good, it's just the other weapons are good too. It bugs me when people say the other weapons don't work compared to staff, because they do.

Depends on the intent. I wouldn't take d/d into fractals or raids for instance. Just for fun in the open world? Sure.

• 2 weeks later...

@"MagicBoi.4160" said:If you're gonna do Fractals and Raids with Weaver, then I'd recommend to invest both in Condi/Hybrid Sword and Power Staff. I'd highly recommend Condi Sw/D or F for Fractals (especially if you're climbing T1-T4 through PUGs or if you're just in it for casual dailies/recs) but not so much for organized groups for fast runs and Raids. Sword is actually overall superior than staff in pugs for Fractals, the only time a Staff Weaver out dps me was when the boss had a big hitbox (w/c is not very common in Fractals btw) and when we have great heals and a team that can hold enemies in place. If you have a DPS meter, you'll see that anything outside that scenario the staff Weaver's DPS drops tremendously and you'll leave their DPS to the dust. Currently, I am using a mix of vipers and grieving (w/ berserker runes) with 100% condi burn duration and 60% bleed duration (you'd mostly want to stack burning instead of bleed) with Fire111-Arcane133-Weaver111, it's extremely dependent on Large Mist Defensive Potion (at least only in levels 70+) as this prevents you from getting one shot by bosses if you failed to dodge. But for beginning Sword Weavers in Fractals, I'd suggest going for Carrion and any of these stats: Rampager/Sinister/Grieving/Viper (Grieving requires PoF - Vipers requires HoT) stats with Balthazar runes for easy 100% burn duration.

Regarding foods, no, you don't NEED to use pots and foods in Fractals but it is almost a must for T4 especially if you're running a glass cannon melee spec like me.

Okey, so I have this idea to hit fractals aswell, but can't really think what is better berserker or as you said Condi gear. I'm not going for organised groups, just simple runs, maybe getting up to t4. I have soldier ascended gear, so I need to change stats. I'm kinda a little bit worried that berserker is going to be insanely squishi. I haven't played Pve for like 3 years xD so was kinda thinking about this Condi way. However will i loose alot of damage if not going berserker way? Oh yeah and I really wanna go with sword, simply because staff just doesn't feel right for me. Back in old days I were d/d ele xD well anyway I would be happy if you give me some advice ^_^

@Cryformercy.3056SUMMARY:

• If you're a beginning Sword Weaver for Fractals, use an independent/selfish build that can maintain a minimum DPS of 4k at Tier 1 and 6k at Tier 2.
  • At T3 - T4, as a DPS role you have no choice but to be squishy, especially as an Ele you'll inevitably spec for glass cannon if you want to stay useful.
  • You're not going to lose a lot of damage if you went for Condi than Berserker Sword, you will in fact deal more DPS during Boss battles, while Berserker will deal more dps on adds/mobs.
  • You might want to consider at least temporarily switching to Berserker Weaver Staff under specific circumstances.

@Cryformercy.3056 said:

I'm kinda a little bit worried that berserker is going to be insanely squishi.

If you're a beginning Weaver for Fractals, I would not recommend you to go full Berserker or Condi build with 11.6k hp at all, you're most likely going to be group with other beginners that doesn't know how to stack or support, so go with a more independent/selfish build. Just spend your time in T1 - T2 in understanding the mechanics of each level and get a better grasp of how you can slowly adapt your build and playstyle for it. For a DPS role, as long as you can deal a minimum of 4k+ Damage Per Second on Tier 1; 6k+ dps on T2; 8k+ dps on T3; and 10k+ dps on T4 (without ally buffs), you'll be fine and be useful enough and not get kicked in pugs (just don't die a lot).

This was the build I used through T1 - T2: Beginner's T1 -T2 Fractal build for Sword Weaver(You don't need to follow this build but I think any build with similar stats to this should work quite well for Fractal Beginners)

Fractal Tier 1 to 2 and the Open World PvE was extremely easy with this build, it's a decent balance between Power/Raw damage, Condition Damage, and Self-Sustain (with an emergency heal of 4k - 10k hp through blasting water fields, cleansing wave, and regens, all that with just a 9 1/2 sec cooldown), enough to get you through T1 - T2 with ease. The real challenge starts at mid T3 to end of T4, if you still want to feel useful as a DPS role at these levels, you'll inevitably have to sacrifice more survivability for better DPS, and instead outsource that survivability loss with your team's support, Arcane x-3-x, the large fractal pots, and better dodging/endurance management. You literally have no choice but to be squishy if you want to feel useful as the DPS of your team, so it's either swap or go home.

will i loose alot of damage if not going berserker way?

Nope, not at all in fact Condi or Hybrid build on Sword Weaver is actually stronger, unless you hardly use skills with Condi, the damage modifiers on sword's raw damage just isn't big enough to outdps Condition in boss battles. It could, however, deal just as much as DPS as Condi if the enemy has a large hitbox, while Condi will deal the same DPS regardless of the enemy's hitbox.Unless Sword Weaver gets a power/raw damage buffs in the future, you're definitely better off with Condi or Hybrid on Sword then just temporarily switch to Berserker Weaver staff under specific circumstances, especially if your team has enough group sustain but lacks the DPS on a large boss (e.g. I switch to full Zerk Weaver Staff when we have support Chrono and Druid with a team that can stack, specifically on Shattered Observatory, Nightmare, Swampland, and Molten Furnace, for these levels have Bosses with medium/large hitboxes and low mobility).

Whew, you're welcome!

• 1 month later...

I'm running fractals in grieving, arcane + fire.I also recommend to start with carrion, either way in PUG above T3 it's really hard to survive with some use with just 11K health, so keep around some carrion / toughness + condi swaps. Also consider that in fractals not all is about dps: there are times when you need sustain (in those case you may want to swap fire with water, a cheap Marshall set (Salomon) + Dwayna runes would be fun in T1 / T2.) , mobility (as in caring where you stand and not follow boss) and range. So you need a scepter and if possible focus with you, staff is not optimal with grieving (as berserker is not optimal with sword).

T1/T2/T3 are going to be fun, in T4 it's hard to PUG as you mostly depend on others to be able to do your job.Grieving is fun as an alternate set but if you don't have a staff + berserker it's going to be hard to do T4 or raids.

Archived