Scourge or Weaver

Sivannie.2670

Hey! I'm on my journey to select my main and I want to know your opinions about these two options.

I like playing solo and entering random fractal PUGs, I like survavility but unfortunately I like a lot the style of staff weaver (that's the only weapon I like on weaver tho), I don't care if the class is hard to play but it seems like Scourge does better in everything. is weaver really only for those masochists who just love weaver? can scourge do mch better in solo open world?

I would like some advices and thank you for reading

Weaver has higher DPS and ele is usually wanted more in PvE specific stuff as the metas change. Necro has been a lot more wanted in competitive stuff the past few years if that's important to you.

I would not concentrate on THIS current meta because things change all the time. Either look at the history, or pick the one you enjoy more.

There is something just zen about playing weaver, it's very relaxing, like playing Chopin.

Well ele in general is squishy as hell unless you take some arcane shields etc to help you pull that meteor shower off. Plus you really need to care to be able to do good damage on ele/weaver. Tempest maybe a bit easier due to how much air overloads does and allows you to remain mobile.

Necro. Well you’ll definately survive longer if you don’t face tank everything. You may even out dps most pug weavers given how hard that weaver rotation is.

Scourge is much easier to play, but weaver is very good in the open world and pve if you put your mind to it and get the hang of it.

I would say for low effort/skill play, scourge will perform better because you have more passive survivability and the aoes make it so you don't have to maneuver around much to deal damage. Weaver starts to outshine it once you learn how to move around well and work out a good rotation and pace, and when you have a good understanding of what you're up against and how to fight against different targets. You don't really have to think about that as much when you play a scourge.

Basically, if you want to improve your skills, challenge yourself, and get better at the combat, play weaver. If you would rather sit back, kill stuff and not have to worry about struggling or being great then play scourge.

Archived