Where are the Spanish servers? edit: Where are the Spanish alliances going to be placed.

Daniel Handler.4816

EU has several German servers, several French servers, and one Spanish server. This makes sense. Afaik German and French are official language in multiple EU countries, while Spanish is the official language in one. But what about NA? Mexico alone has more Spanish speakers than Spain. When one includes SA, the NA timezone contains more Spanish speakers than French+German do worldwide. And when you look at Spanish worldwide by native speakers it eclipses even English.

Are SA WvWers not supposed to participate in heavily coordinated attacks unless they want to join EU and log on at odd hours of the day?

I don't know ANETs marketing plans. But at some point, it will make more sense for BB to be in NA than EU rather than alienate more SA people.

Edit:

I read the proposed changes. Still, have concerns. Although perhaps its best to leave it in the official feedback area.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Considering they’re removing all servers in the future, does it even matter?

World Restructuring

Language plays a role in the new system as well. Many EU players would not be happy if that wasnt the case.

As to OPs question, thats probably because not alot of spanish speakers on the american continent are playing GW2. Though I dont know if thats the case.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Considering they’re removing all servers in the future, does it even matter?

Language plays a role in the new system as well. Many EU players would not be happy if that wasnt the case.

As to OPs question, thats probably because not alot of spanish speakers on the american continent are playing GW2. Though I dont know if thats the case.

Since the rules are changing to an alliance based WvW the members of a language who want to play together in WvW should join a guild and alliance with players who speak that language.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Considering they’re removing all servers in the future, does it even matter?

Since the rules are changing to an alliance based WvW the members of a language who want to play together in WvW should join a guild and alliance with players who speak that language.

I wonder if you would be able to select/make language oriented guilds or alliances on NA though.

Problems would arise if only half a server is of a certain language. From what a spanish member of my guild said, thats what they absolutely don't want.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Considering they’re removing all servers in the future, does it even matter?

I was not aware of the changes. Thank you for linking them.

That being said doesn't it depend on the limitations of the alliances?

Either all non-English speakers are in the same world or they should be equally divided among all worlds. To have 3 alliances one word, and 1 on another is an unfair burden on the latter.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

I wonder if you would be able to select/make language oriented guilds or alliances on NA though.

Problems would arise if only half a server is of a certain language. From what a spanish member of my guild said, thats what they absolutely don't want.

Or worse. If all of a server is a certain language, and then the remainder get placed in an all English server.

Archived