Improve Demon Stance/Corruption [Ideas]

Justine.6351

Since I've dropped Shiro until they fix Phase Traversal I have been trying out Mallyx again for power build. Since I am taking Mallyx I also decided to take a look at the traitline and found the +3% damage per condition trait so decided to drop devastation because of last rounds nerf to the minor trait that applied vulnerability.

So I figured I would offer some suggestions after my play with Power Mallyx,

Trait

• Demonic Defiance: Resistance is applied at the beginning of the skill's activation.Skills
  • Empowering Misery: Gain one second of Embrace the Darkness (conditions' secondary non-damaging affects are negated) per condition as well.
  • Unyielding Anguish: 3/4 second Evade. Reduced cost to 25e. Breaks Stun. Increased the Damage by 25%.
  • Pain Absorbtion: Removed the Stun Break. Removed the Cast Time. Reduced the cost to 25e.
  • Banish Enchantment: Removed the damage component and added 500 Life Steal per boon removed.
  • Embrace the Darkness: Removed the Cast Time. While active, also incoming conditions last on you indefinitely but their secondary non-damaging effects are negated. 20 second recharge added.
    • Resist the Darkness: End the Darkness and remove all conditions, healing yourself for 500 (.5).

Idk some crazy thoughts.

As someone who played condi rev (mallyx) a lot till scourge made it unviable via resistance corruption -> condi bomb, my 2 cents on your changes.Demonic defiance should work like that, people asked for it since forever.Empowering misery should just grant 2s resistance baseline at start of cast, making the heal immune to poison (see consume conditons...)UA evade definetly will be nice, the other changes will make it broken.PA casttime should just be shortened, not removed, keep stunbreak. e to 30.ETD sounds cool. Would give it more flavour, right now its pretty boring and only used to proc one of your GMs, whichever you picked, and defiance.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:As someone who played condi rev (mallyx) a lot till scourge made it unviable via resistance corruption -> condi bomb, my 2 cents on your changes.Demonic defiance should work like that, people asked for it since forever.Empowering misery should just grant 2s resistance baseline at start of cast, making the heal immune to poison (see consume conditons...)UA evade definetly will be nice, the other changes will make it broken.PA casttime should just be shortened, not removed, keep stunbreak. e to 30.ETD sounds cool. Would give it more flavour, right now its pretty boring and only used to proc one of your GMs, whichever you picked, and defiance.

I moved the stun break from pain absorbtion to UA specifically to separate it from the anti-condi support skill. Also to reduce the cost of PA as its too loaded to not cost that much atm but its cost is what makes that skill kind of bad. You cast it to break stun or deal with condi or support allies and you are boned if you need one of the other items it has. Its just too loaded atm. Goal was to knock them both down to 25e but you are right about my UA being too stacked for the price. Well tbh, so what if that one skill is stacked well for a good price. Offensive rev legends need one solid mobility skill that you can actually use for a reasonable price and wont just get headshot by some random thief spamming headshot or something. Its what makes shiro so popular with riposting shadows.

But ya I have been looking at using mallyx forever its just the movement skill is the one that needs the evading stun break on a good cost point.

I think reducing the energy cost of UA to 25 is good idea. I think UA as well needs 200 more range. It does not feel like a mobility skill at all currently. Giving one evasion skill to mallyx is a good idea. I do not think it should be given to UA. I think adding 0.5 sec evasion on mace 3 works better and is not tied to mallyx.

As for PA, I would rather have the cost significantly reduced and a reasonable CD implemented. A cost of 10 energy and 10 sec CD is reasonable in my opinion.

BE, I think the suggestion to remove confusion in favor of healing is great. It still has the energy issue though. I am not willing to spend 20 energy for it unless the target has resistance. Otherwise you are better off reserving the energy for UA and keep reserve for PA.

The big elephant in the room that was not mentioned is damage. Since PoF release condi rev was nerfed 3 times. First mace 3 nerf, then all torment skills damage had their damage reduced by 33% per sec (same overall damage but over longer duration) and last patch axe and BE confusion. Condi rev in sPvP is a class thet relies on reapplication of condi versus condi bombing, and thus these nerfs killed any PvP damage potential it had. Absent major buff to sustain, even if mallyx issues were fixed, it will not be viable. Just slightly better than where it is now.

@"BeLZedaR.4790" said:Empowering misery should just grant 2s resistance baseline at start of cast, making the heal immune to poison (see consume conditons...)

Empowering MIsery currently applies the resistance before it actually heals, so it is immune to poison provided you have demonic defiance.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empowering_Misery

@Justine.6351 said:

@Jack Skywalker.5674 said:What if BE were to be replaced with a skill that copies all our condis on 1 target?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say people would prefer the boon removal.

Well if Anet still isn't dead set on forcing us to manipulate and ignore them instead of flat out geting rid of them,then we might need to change our mentality a bit.

Archived