[Suggestion/Design] Scourge Tweaks

Allarius.5670

Suggested tweaks to Scourge mechanics for improved PvE functionality and PvP counterplay, while increasing support potential and staying true to "play the field" playstyle. An attempt to find a middle ground that makes everyone happy while staying true to the Scourge mechanical theme.

Manifest Sand Shade1) ‎Shade appears after 0.5 sec delay; visual notifier restricted to initial appearance2) ‎Add Life Force cost3) ‎Remove charges and recharge4) ‎Keep anti-stacking mechanic5) ‎Reduce duration dramatically (by approx half in each gamemode)6) ‎Sand Shade attacks no longer trigger when F2 through F5 are activated7) ‎Sand Shades now pulse their attack when they manifest and for each second over their duration; each pulse triggers all Shroud 1 traits

F2 through F51) Remove damage and condition application from F2 through F5; Garrish Pillar still deals a strike and applies Fear2) ‎Remove effect delay and visual notifier3) ‎Add short cast times (0.25 to 0.5 sec) to support skills (Nefarious Favour and Sand Cascade)4) ‎Increase radius of F2 through F4 to 2405) ‎Restore 2 condition removal to Nefarious Favor

Update 'Sand Soul' and 'Blood is Sand' traits to max-out at three active shades.

Sand Savant1) Remove radius increase on F2 through F52) ‎Update to new Manifest Sand Shade mechanics: cooldown removal, Life Force cost3) ‎Keep single large shade functionality4) ‎Add the following functionalities: (a) Manifest Sand Shade no longer deals damage or applies conditions, (b) Manifest Sand Shade now heals allies with each pulse

Discussion:Refocusing offense solely into F1 and defense/support into F2 through F5 provides a better mechanical split for functionality, balance, and play. Focusing offense into F1 along with the other suggested changes allows PvE DPS to be improved, creates interesting Life Force expenditure choices that prohibits spam, better defines a "play the field" offensive playstyle, and reduces on-point oppressive play for PvP while maintaining reward based on placement and smart play.

Alterations to Sand Savant opens additional opportunity for a support Scourge to see play while reducing oppressive spam in PvP. Changes would still allow a condi-support hybrid role if desired.

I wonder what F5 would do since it's effect are basically put on F1...Like Lahmia said people would complain about the passivity... Not that they wouldn't complain whatever happen.

Thought, I commend you OP for the idea, at least you try. From my point of view, the whole shade thingy need to be totally redisigned, I'd keep nothing. (Which is why I still refuse to buy PoF)

Remove shades, make it another shroud. Since we got no damage boost when loosing shroud, we should get it back. Convert punishment skills to glyphs changing type in shroud. Offensive without shroud , defensive with barrier gen while in.

Keep shade skills theme while in shroud. F1 will autoattack enemies in mid range, generating small pulsing aoe under. They should not last long, let say 5sec. F2-F5 could be activated only as an AoE around caster.

Life while in shroud could come from single permanent (not decaying) barrier, refreshable by F3 skill. Shroud should not boost our dps in any way (but will boost support) so maybe give us shroud skill that can generate LF to keep shroud up.

This way scourge could become either a good dps whole not entering shroud at all, or durable support while maintaining shroud.

Archived