Is the mortar kit finally usable now (WvW)?

Joshewwah.2956

@Joshewwah.2956 said:It got a +25% to 33% buff across its skills. Will we be seeing more artillery-like playstyles from engineers?

Hahahahahahaha no.

Their damage is so pathetically low as it stands that a 25% buff is not very much. And as @Eastcorn.5901 pointed out, the flight time of mortar projectiles is so long at max range, you can sip your coffee and toss down a reflect while you wait for them to arrive. It's the same problem that grenades have -- they're most effective when they're tossed at your feet, because the flight time is so dang long.

Not only the kit is too slow and low damage (that low that a 25% increase on auto will go unnoticed) but I don't know how in NA WvW works , but in EU every single fight i use mortar all my hits get reflected , because when it comes the time to dish out the "bombs" on enemy zerg , all this magnificent projectile reflections/destruction pops out like there is no tomorrow for entire minutes....so slow travel + projectile hate ,good luck hitting something when it matters.

im so happy that theyre finally undoing that nerf.theyve previously flat out refused to backtrack like this. and theyre undoing multiple things that have disappeared some playstyles over the years. engi will finally be able to spam long range aoes at zergs for good damage again while some idiot thief spams heartseeker on us! and you know, like, damage will happen, instead of like, wet noodles.

Archived