Build templates, sigils/runes, HUD. Improving quality of life suggestions. #Anet

Itz Jay.8941

Build templates: This game is in dire need of build templates. Swapping out gear is an absolute pain, it's bad enough that you often need multiple sets of ascended gear on just a single character, but actually changing your gear is even worse. Especially when you need several different sets weapons with different sigils just for a particular set of armour attributes.

There should be a separate tab in the hero panel where you can save 10 different combinations of traits, equipment and skills using what you have in your inventory. I can't understand why something like this hasn't been done in the 6 years the game has been out. It's a crying shame because GW2 has a damn lot of potential and is the first next gen mmo in my opinion, to see it without something so simple that I'm pretty sure we had in GW1 (correct me if I am wrong), it makes me think that this game is stuck in time.

HUD: This is something I definitely remember having customisation with in GW1. The HUD really needs updating and some options to get rid of the constant screen clutter like dailies. Playing on laptop is an absolute pain, I can't make the map any bigger than you will allow me for my resolution, I can't move the skill bar or make it any smaller so my map has to be in the top right, the HUD for the boss HP e.t.c is always in the way so I can't see the animations going on. What's worse is that PoF has bought the mount button which is at the end of the skill bar so that makes the room availability for the mini map even less! Honestly, I think it's beyond a joke, I hate to be rude but this is something so simple that pretty much every MMO has. I could go more into trying to maintain boons and conditions but, please, can we just have some customisation of the HUD.

Sigils: This one will be pretty controversial and I'm sure people will find legendary defending ways of disagreeing with me here. I think sigils and infusions being locked into armour and weapons is really, really, bad. I propose that sigils and infusions should be removable from armour and weapons without the need of extractors. This suggestion would work in union with having build templates. The reason behind this is for promoting build diversity and playing different classes.

As above currently you need several different sets of armour attributes to play different builds, what you also have is certain classes armour sets locked into a specific role and/or dependant on another specific role just because of the sigils/runes they are using. You also have different encounters where you will want to play with different sigils on weapons, so you could have just on one character 3-4 different sets of ascended gear, with trinkets, but, also with 4 or more different sets of weapons just for one set of armour. It's absolutely crazy, in my opinion, it really needs re-working. It would help players to be more diverse with their build customisation and to actually play different classes.

As for this destroying what makes legendary armour/weapons so legendary, come on, don't be silly now. You pay 3000 gold for a weapon you can craft for 30-50g or get for free with currency, you're going to tell me that you did it so you can swap your sigils out? Don't kid yourself, there is only one reason you buy a legendary, and that is because it looks legendary.

• 3 weeks later...

I would still very much appreciate build templates, I refuse to just play one class or a single build for months at a time with how lackluster it can feel so an easy switch between builds would be extremely helpful. For GW1 to have a build swap system and not 2 that's a disappointing oversight.GW2 has so many competent features, I just hope they are more thorough with them soon.

Been playing gw1 lately working on HoM titles. Still pretty active alliances back there and players were very helpful. My build memory was rusty at best but being able to load build templates had me vanquishing like a boss in only a few days. Gw2 needs build templates. Maybe do it right take your time and market them with the next expansion.

@"Brother.1504" said:Been playing gw1 lately working on HoM titles. Still pretty active alliances back there and players were very helpful. My build memory was rusty at best but being able to load build templates had me vanquishing like a boss in only a few days. Gw2 needs build templates. Maybe do it right take your time and market them with the next expansion.

Hi, well I wasn't expecting anyone to reply to this as it has been so long. I have made posts about this a long time ago, and I just assumed it was a lost cause everybody had given up on.

Recently my raid buddies told me about Arc Templates, which if you don't know, it's an add on by Arc which acts as a macro and allows you to save build templates. There is a post in which Anet have approved the use of this, so I'm using it now to swap templates, and boy is it good. I can post the link and explain how to install it if you are interested.

Really it's still a bit staggering that Anet haven't implemented their own build templates though. What really shocks me though is that nothing has been done to actually improve the quality of life in GW2, such as the other points I mentioned. It's sad because GW2 is the only casual friendly "no p2p" MMO, but things like locked sigils are really counter-intuitive to those notions.

You're very much forced into buying inventory slots at 400gems per go, which is damn expensive IMO. To someone who wants to play multiple characters, it's just ridiculous. I have probably spent £100 just in inventory slots, and I still need more, a lot more, this means that I will never buy things I actually don't need, but want, like shared slots, skins, keys e.t.c. because I just cant afford to throw more money at the game.

@Itz Jay.8941 said:

@"Brother.1504" said:Been playing gw1 lately working on HoM titles. Still pretty active alliances back there and players were very helpful. My build memory was rusty at best but being able to load build templates had me vanquishing like a boss in only a few days. Gw2 needs build templates. Maybe do it right take your time and market them with the next expansion.

Hi, well I wasn't expecting anyone to reply to this as it has been so long. I have made posts about this a long time ago, and I just assumed it was a lost cause everybody had given up on.

Recently my raid buddies told me about Arc Templates, which if you don't know, it's an add on by Arc which acts as a macro and allows you to save build templates. There is a post in which Anet have approved the use of this, so I'm using it now to swap templates, and boy is it good. I can post the link and explain how to install it if you are interested.

Really it's still a bit staggering that Anet haven't implemented their own build templates though. What really shocks me though is that nothing has been done to actually improve the quality of life in GW2, such as the other points I mentioned. It's sad because GW2 is the only casual friendly "no p2p" MMO, but things like locked sigils are really counter-intuitive to those notions.

You're very much forced into buying inventory slots at 400gems per go, which is kitten expensive IMO. To someone who wants to play multiple characters, it's just ridiculous. I have probably spent £100 just in inventory slots, and I still need more, a lot more, this means that I will never buy things I actually don't need, but want, like shared slots, skins, keys e.t.c. because I just cant afford to throw more money at the game.

So you earn no gold in the game you can convert to gems?May I ask how do a typical day in the game look for you?Follow up, why do you need all that space if you dont seem to do anything that earn gold so you can buy more space if you wanted?

@Linken.6345 said:

You're very much forced into buying inventory slots at 400gems per go, which is kitten expensive IMO. To someone who wants to play multiple characters, it's just ridiculous. I have probably spent £100 just in inventory slots, and I still need more, a lot more, this means that I will never buy things I actually don't need, but want, like shared slots, skins, keys e.t.c. because I just cant afford to throw more money at the game.

So you earn no gold in the game you can convert to gems?May I ask how do a typical day in the game look for you?Follow up, why do you need all that space if you dont seem to do anything that earn gold so you can buy more space if you wanted?

Oh so I'm supposed to spend all of my gold on inventory bags, I'll forget about legendary weapons and the stuff I actually want. I'll do all the meta maps on the character with the most bags and least sets of ascended.

• 2 weeks later...

Legendary weapons could really benefit from sigil swapping.For some meta builds out there the sigil is the most important part of the build.Take the meta for mistrel fireband for instance.The sigil of concentration gives 33% boon duration, that is the same as minstrel armor and trinkets combined, both ascended.Changing the stats on the weapon but not changing the sigil makes the feature bit pointless.Of course you can pay 20g for an extractor and remove the sigil.But that's only worth it for these expensive sigils.

• 2 months later...

Arenanet, this is a sore spot for min/maxers as well as those who just switch game types frequently. My PvE world build is markedly different from my PvE Raid or Fractal build. Imagine how easy it would be to just have a system to swap gear, traits, and abilities to speed the enjoyment of the game. You could if you wanted make it happen via earned masteries, or just grant it to everyone from the start. It's a feature I've looked for since I've been playing GW2 for the last several years. Make build templates happen, please. :)

+1 to build templates in all variants.

Also, please separate sigils/runes from gear, and just make it a own upgrade slot, that we can change out. I practically don't change sigils/runes, because once you put a sigil of force in there, you don't want to replace it and lost lots of gold.

Archived