Opening Strike as a Class mechanic?

InsaneQR.7412

OS has always been an oddball of a mechanic in marksmamship for me.It is a very versatile mechanic but is used rather one dimentional.

This is rather a semi serious thread and more hypothetical.

What if OS would be an additional class mechanic to ranger?So you always have OS in the beginning of the fight. What effect it has is depending on the minors or major traits if the spec lines you have in your build.

So it could give boons, apply conditions, reveal, steal boons, do extra dmg, always crits, steals life etc etc.

The possibilities are actually endless and every line could have its specific trait(s) that would have an interaction with OS.

@Kraitan.8476 said:Very interesting idea imo but I don't think it'll happen (we aren't mesmers, a few numerical petchanges is 90% of what we get each patch) so I don't really see a point to discussing it much more. Srry for being cynical :/

Can definetly understand your point. I am actually a bit optimistic after the mesmer changes that they are looking at profession issues and maybe even improve some concepts.

it's an interesting mechanic but it should be able to be refreshed without having to take a trait. if they made it so that it was refreshed on fury without taking remoreless and then remorseless gave some new effect on activation that could be cool. obviously it would need some kind of cooldown so it didnt become OP.

@Prophet.1584 said:it's an interesting mechanic but it should be able to be refreshed without having to take a trait. if they made it so that it was refreshed on fury without taking remoreless and then remorseless gave some new effect on activation that could be cool. obviously it would need some kind of cooldown so it didnt become OP.

Think about it this way.IF it would be an additional mechanic it could have one refreshment mechanic per traitline and special effects per traitline. Like weaponswap, dodge roll, hitting a target beneath the threshold etc.

Hmm, I like the idea of this.Personally I would love to see it reworked as a Grandmaster trait or something to further increase the benefit it provides.For example: First Strike in combat has a different effect depending upon the equipped weaponLongbow: Increased rangeShortbow: CrippleGreatsword: KnockdownSword: Short range leapAxe: Removes 1 boon at randomDagger: Increased critical chance and ferocity for first attack onlyStaff: (Honestly I have no idea what would well for staff here as I have yet to personally use it)

Archived