PvE Storyline - Any people still doing these?

I mean all in all they are fun, and they have some rewards which are nice.But especially since HoF and PoF they've become nigh impossible to solo for me, or rather, they are sooooo tedious on your own.A (nearly) full party just crushes through the missions and is a lot more fun in general.

However the LFG is always woefully empty on people running the Story missions (at best Achievement hunting).

So does anybody know if there are dedicated groups/events still doing the story missions? Say every thursday at 18:00 GMT people gather in instance X to do missions of campaign Y?

Just curious :)

I've solo'd all of the stories but I certainly know how much of a pain it can be and not everyone wants to feel that pain. :) I don't know if they exist, but I think having a group (maybe even a guild?) dedicated to helping others with story missions is a good idea. I'd be happy to help you (or anyone else) out as my schedule permits.

The thing about personal story is that people go through them at different pace and it's usually very difficult to find multiple random people who not only are on the same chapter as you, but are also actively looking for a party to attempt them, barring the more difficult instances. I have guild mates who occasionally get together to clear Personal Stories together on specific days/times, so maybe that could be something to look into.

The class that you play, your build, and how good you are with it overall will have a profound effect on your enjoyment. Not having something that is built well for an encounter turns it from a heart-pumping curb stomp into just trying to stay alive at all

If you're having trouble, its best to keep a friend always on the same story as you, and always do it together. Trying to find random people to do them with you will be very difficult, because not everyone is at the same point in their story, and that's just out of the selection of people who own the expansion and are doing the content in that time instead of working, etc. and the LFG is.. beyond useless sometimes.

Scheduling playdates with someone you know well works much better.

Archived