[SPOILERS] The Charge

Yereton.8647

Hey guys,

Those of you that finished the new episode will remember that in the last fight against Lonai, we are being teleported everywhere. And that everywhere seemingly appears to include nowhere. The last place we are teleported, is a floating rock in space. You know where we almost had a man-to-man with Braham.

My first thought was 'this must be in the Mists', but would Blish have been able to contact us in the Mists. If the comm device that he was using was anything like the one Taimi uses through out LS3, PoF and LS4.1, distance is clearly an issue, as seen in PoF. And the Mists being completely separate from the Tyrian plane, I doubt we would have been able to make contact with the Asura back on Tyria.

So it stands to reason (sort of) that wherever that rock was, it was somewhere in Tyria. Now my question to you guys is, where do you think that rock was? Was it on Tyria? Was it in the Mists? ~~Did we somehow end up in the Outlands? ~~

We've seen such rocks before, here and here, so I'd be inclined to say it's somewhere in the Mists.

As for the communicator, the issues we were having in the desert were supposed to be interference, not distance. We had similar problems in Bloodstone Fen, and it worked perfectly fine in Kesho, as a result of being on top of a ley line nexus. Since it runs on ley-lines, and ley-lines supposedly reach into the Mists, then, theoretically, there shouldn't be anything weird about it working out there.

That is likely in the Mists as they have basically reused all of the models and the skybox for Shattered Observatory. It was also implied by Braham that the place was more than far enough for Lonai to never be awakened again, thus establishing it outside of Joko's range. Put 2+2 with the fact that Joko seemingly has access to all of Tyria AND at least the Underworld, and it does appear to be that this place is quite literally "nowhere" away from everything in the Mists.

@"maxwelgm.4315" said:That is likely in the Mists as they have basically reused all of the models and the skybox for Shattered Observatory. It was also implied by Braham that the place was more than far enough for Lonai to never be awakened again, thus establishing it outside of Joko's range. Put 2+2 with the fact that Joko seemingly has access to all of Tyria AND at least the Underworld, and it does appear to be that this place is quite literally "nowhere" away from everything in the Mists.

well braham assumed that based on how this place looked.......

but then blish or whoever was working on that portal even said that our coordinates "makes no sense"....

@Underdark.3726 said:The Shattered Observatory is in the mists. The Observatory itself probably not, so that rock can be anywhere, imo.

!The Mistlock Observatory has been established as being a fractal in itself, and Yokko, Dessa and everyone else are repeating fractal structures as much as Arkk is. Therefore it is very much also located inside the Mists.

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@"maxwelgm.4315" said:That is likely in the Mists as they have basically reused all of the models and the skybox for Shattered Observatory. It was also implied by Braham that the place was more than far enough for Lonai to never be awakened again, thus establishing it outside of Joko's range. Put 2+2 with the fact that Joko seemingly has access to all of Tyria AND at least the Underworld, and it does appear to be that this place is quite literally "nowhere" away from everything in the Mists.

but then blish or whoever was working on that portal even said that our coordinates "makes no sense"....

I'd say Anet is usually not that much fond of having characters say conclusive things like that and turn out wrong later. It is mostly certain that Braham is correct about Lonai getting her final rest, and combining it with (I didn't remember that) Blish claiming the coordinates make no sense, it gives strong hints that the place is located inside the Mists. It is probably, however, not a relevant place to touch upon later, just a random rock floating across the metaspace of existence.

@Underdark.3726 said:Oh right, don't play much fractals and forgot about it.But, since it was Joko who led Balthazar into the Domain of the Lost does that mean he can come there and reclaim Lonai?

That's one thing I don't remember at all. I think Joko is able to traverse the domain but he is actually not able to pull people from there. according to what little I know of the raid though:

! In the raid you learn Desmina (the first follower of Grenth) has split her soul from her body and both exist simultaneously inside the Domain of the Lost. You fight her body, the Soulless Horror boss fight, and then proceed to help her in eternally imprisoning Dhuum. Her dialogue implies that there is no one left beside her to rule the Underworld, which kinda implies even the Judge from the main story has died. I digress, the point here is: not only because a very powerful being (Desmina) is overseeing the souls inside the Underworld, I think Joko also simply can't pull people from there, because what goes there are souls and not bodies. I have no idea how Joko's awakening works neither if it's been thoroughly explained, but I think he strictly requires the corpse in order to perform his ritual. That makes Lonai unreachable because her corpse is unreachable, even though her soul is under Desmina's domain.

@Underdark.3726 said:Oh right, don't play much fractals and forgot about it.But, since it was Joko who led Balthazar into the Domain of the Lost does that mean he can come there and reclaim Lonai?

Not a worry! I barely touch them myself.

I don't think there's much chance of Joko getting out there. He'd A.) have to know where the body was, which would take magic we've never heard of in Guild Wars, and B.) reach it. Even if he's able to get into the Mists, he'd be stranded on one floating landmass among a theoretically infinite expanse of others, so short of flying (or being able to open a portal to exactly he wants to go) reaching the spot isn't in the cards.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:

That's one thing I don't remember at all. I think Joko is able to traverse the domain but he is actually not able to pull people from there. according to what little I know of the raid though:

! In the raid you learn Desmina (the first follower of Grenth) has split her soul from her body and both exist simultaneously inside the Domain of the Lost. You fight her body, the Soulless Horror boss fight, and then proceed to help her in eternally imprisoning Dhuum. Her dialogue implies that there is no one left beside her to rule the Underworld, which kinda implies even the Judge from the main story has died. I digress, the point here is: not only because a very powerful being (Desmina) is overseeing the souls inside the Underworld, I think Joko also simply can't pull people from there, because what goes there are souls and not bodies. I have no idea how Joko's awakening works neither if it's been thoroughly explained, but I think he strictly requires the corpse in order to perform his ritual. That makes Lonai unreachable because her corpse is unreachable, even though her soul is under Desmina's domain.It's worth noting that the raid takes place in the Underworld, which is different to the Domain of the Lost. The Domain still falls under Grenth's rule, but from what the devs have told us, it's separated out as its own little thing, so there's no telling if Desmina has any influence there. Not that Lonai's soul necessarily ended up in the Domain or the Underworld, though. The Domain is just for souls that undergo especially traumatic deaths, and while the Underworld is where human souls usually go after death, there's a lot of different ways that they can go astray.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:

@Underdark.3726 said:The Shattered Observatory is in the mists. The Observatory itself probably not, so that rock can be anywhere, imo.

!The Mistlock Observatory has been established as being a fractal in itself, and Yokko, Dessa and everyone else are repeating fractal structures as much as Arkk is. Therefore it is very much also located inside the Mists.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:That is likely in the Mists as they have basically reused all of the models and the skybox for Shattered Observatory. It was also implied by Braham that the place was more than far enough for Lonai to never be awakened again, thus establishing it outside of Joko's range. Put 2+2 with the fact that Joko seemingly has access to all of Tyria AND at least the Underworld, and it does appear to be that this place is quite literally "nowhere" away from everything in the Mists.

I'd say Anet is usually not that much fond of having characters say conclusive things like that and turn out wrong later. It is mostly certain that Braham is correct about Lonai getting her final rest, and combining it with (I didn't remember that) Blish claiming the coordinates make no sense, it gives strong hints that the place is located inside the Mists. It is probably, however, not a relevant place to touch upon later, just a random rock floating across the metaspace of existence.

my point was that he said what he said not because he had any idea where we were but because he didn;t have any idea where it would be so he assumed it must be outside jokos reach.

which tbh quite good assumption considering we were on a rock floating in a space.....

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

Not a worry! I barely touch them myself.

I don't think there's much chance of Joko getting out there. He'd A.) have to know where the body was, which would take magic we've never heard of in Guild Wars, and B.) reach it. Even if he's able to get into the Mists, he'd be stranded on one floating landmass among a theoretically infinite expanse of others, so short of flying (or being able to open a portal to exactly he wants to go) reaching the spot isn't in the cards.

It's possible that the Scrying Pool at the Eye of the North could have located it, if it hadn't been destroyed. Aurene's visions might also be able to locate it. Certainly, scrying magic exists - but it is rare, Joko probably doesn't have access to it, and even if he did, Lonai probably isn't worth going to what seemed to be basically outer space to reclaim.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Too bad we couldn’t just pull Joko into the portal with us and leave him stranded in outer space. Lol would be hilarious for him to spend eternity stuck there with nobody to rule.

Might not be quite so effective - it's probably easier to teleport from a random rock to Tyria than from Tyria to a random rock. Of course, if he happens to be lacking a means of transport off the rock in the first place...

Archived