Can't Complete Tequatl - ALWAYS Getting Disconnected

I took most of the winter off from GW2, and am slowly coming back. I generally do the Tequatl fight at Reset, but have NEVER been able to finish it since my return. EVERY TIME, I am getting disconnected completely from the game. I have dropped my graphics way down to reduce lag, but I am being disconnected regularly anyway. Several times in the opening seconds before any fighting has even begun. Once ten minutes beforehand while standing around waiting. Once only seconds from victory. Grrrr!

I have my graphics at my normal levels for every other boss fight I'm in, and haven't had this issue with any of them. Only Tequatl. (I have only tried at the Reset showing so far. If I decide to try at another time, I'll let you know what happens). This has been happening for 2 weeks now, regularly. Booted every time.

Although I am not getting disconnected, I too have noticed lately a significantly worse network performance during the Tequatl fight. The AoE damage zones he spawns now appear after the actual damage starts, usually with a 1-2 second delay (and it makes the fight very annoying and can even one-shot me, when several overlapping zones spawn at my location).

In my case this has been going on for a couple of weeks - I don't remember exactly when, though. I'm not sure if both issues - disconnections and lag - are a part of the same problem, but in case they are related it may be worth looking into.

Probably best to submit a ticket instead of the forums, though i would make it clear whether you're being disconnected (losing connection to the server- be that initiated form your side or the servers) or crashing (game becomes too intense for your system or a plethora of other possibilites; connection to server is stable but client unable to run properly).

I personally haven't had any issues with tequatl though, so I couldn't begin to suggest anything that might help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have submitted a ticket.I am not using any 3rd party apps.I have repaired my installation.

Sometimes I get booted from the game anywhere up to TEN MINUTES BEFORE Dragon Time, when everyone is just standing around. As of now, I have sometimes been able to complete Tequatl when I set my graphics to dead-worst, but that's no fun. And it is JUST on Tequatl! I have played many other World Bosses and huge crowd events at my normal graphics levels (nearly max) with no problem.

I have never noticed the "Show Details" part of the crash report window, but I will definitely look for it next time.

Once Teq starts, pings seem to go off the roof.Here's what happens to me.I get to a map 10-15mins before, just do some node mining etc, ping is 250-280ms. (Im logging in from Australia so that kinda is average)Once Teq begins, ping starts going crazy. By crazy, i mean 600 to 1000 to 4000+When i see 4000ms plus, i know very soon i will get disconnected.But here is the weird thing, the ping although being that high, i get skill lag, like i press a key, it might activate after 10seconds.But the map doesn't rubberband or anything.When i see this i just mount up and ride away from the Event area..like close to the underwater waypoint where we if killed near Teq.Ping returns to normal, i come back quickly kills a few mobs and run again once pig starts building.This is the only way i've been avoiding a disconnection.Otherwise, yes...something is seriously wrong.

Archived