[Elite Suggestion] Minstrel/Bard

Oriens.5630

I really have enjoyed playing Bards in just about every game that's had one. I would really love to have Mesmers get this as their next Elite Specialization.

Charm, Disenchant, Stealth, Bolster, Mesmerize, Demoralize -- the list of options could go on I think. Lots of room to play around.

YES YES YES! I want a minstrel next so bad! With a shortbow that looks like a harp <3 With dreamer skin it would fit the mesmer perfectly. Instead of shatter the mesmer could have songs to buff allies and harm enemies in aoes or get instruments with f1-f4 like firebrand tomes that increase duration based on how many clones that were shattered. So many ways minstrel could work! I'd love it so much.

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:No.

Why do so many people want a kitten music based class?

Because minstrels are already existend in the gw2 universe and the devs originally trolled the community and said mesmer would be minstrel instead.

This is brought up every time, and its completely irrelevant. Because the fetish for bard classes does not exist solely in GW2. It extends to every single MMO and RPG that I have ever played, and GW2 is the only one to have even teased a minstrel class.

Besides that, I don't see people calling for commando to be implemented with such dedication. Yet commando was also teased by ANet before engineer was officially announced. So this is definitely not why people fetishize a bard class.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:No.

Why do so many people want a kitten music based class?

Because minstrels are already existend in the gw2 universe and the devs originally trolled the community and said mesmer would be minstrel instead.

This is brought up every time, and its completely irrelevant. Because the
fetish
for bard classes does not exist solely in GW2. It extends to every single MMO and RPG that I have ever played, and GW2 is the only one to have even teased a minstrel class.

Besides that, I don't see people calling for commando to be implemented with such dedication. Yet commando was also teased by ANet before engineer was officially announced. So this is definitely not why people fetishize a bard class.

You say, "fetishized" like it was a bad thing :)

Truthfully, I don't know what the attraction is, I've always enjoyed Bard style classes in a variety of roleplaying games from tabletop rpg to solo rpg to mmorpg. In my mind it seems to offer a unique twist on things, for example, music as the basis for magic. Which is not that far out there when it comes to fantasy tropes concerning magic. I certainly don't see it as a 'School of Rock' option concerning big hair and loud guitars. Bard style classes also tend to have a certain overarching utility to them that makes them a practical, even desirable, addition to a group of adventurers.

I also am not clear as to why a lot of people wanting it is a bad thing. Perhaps you could elaborate.

Because bard is a well loved classic fantasy class acting as a trickster caster that uses their literal magic performance to affect the minds of their enemies and allies.Flavor-wise it fits the mesmer far more than "chronomancer" does imo.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:I could make whole concept with abilities, weapon options, reworked shatters and other things required for elite suggestion if you like. Though, i would make it in a new thread.Just say a word.

Feel free. I might hope you would try to add at least one or two of the suggestions I offered above, but either way, as long as it follows a Bard/Minstrel theme I'd like to see what you come up with.

Archived