Vapor formed away from a zerg, immediately double-downed from self-inflicted damage ?

solemn.9670

This is just a question and I hope I'm posting in the right forum, this did take place in WvW and general discussion didn't seem right so it's going here.

According to my combat log, I meteor showered a zerg, got downed by a rev hammer and some condis, vapor formed away from the zerg (behind my zerg), was not within range of any obvious/apparent enemies, and hit myself for 11.5k with [Vapor Form], meaning my vapor form insta-double-downed me.

A few guild members (also weavers) confirmed this has also happened to them. They vapor formed and were immediately double-downed after it ended.

Glitch? Legit? Just looking for information. What did that?

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:who are you matched against?

Sov! It's me man, Solemn. Hahah

Yes there was some retaliation. Maybe the retaliation killed me whilst in Vapor form? that would at least make sense, if it can do that. I was pumping out a lot of damage at the time, so I would've had a lot of retal.

haha. i at werk. we must avenge your insta down later

Vapor form is weird like that and.If you go into pvp as an ele, go down state and use vapor form it will show similar statistics as well, as if vaopt form heals you for a ton and dmgs you for a ton.At least thats what I have been noticing.Do note that you can still die while in vapor form.If you have A LOT of condis on you, when you use it you will take dmg when vapor forms HP bar (which we cant rly see) runs out you'll be kicked out of it and back into down state. This of it kind of similar to how nerco shroud works I guess... except vapor form is kind of more direct on your HP while life force is has own health bar on the UI.

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:According to my combat log, I meteor showered a zerg, got downed by a rev hammer and some condis, vapor formed away from the zerg (behind my zerg), was not within range of any obvious/apparent enemies, and hit myself for 11.5k with [Vapor Form], meaning my vapor form insta-double-downed me.

I was fighting in Alpine BL yesterday and I noticed the ranger start a Rapid Fire on me. I was downed before I could even react to the second arrow that came at me. After looking in the combat log, the ranger's damage was not enough to insta-down me, just a few 1.5k crits before I was downed and absorbed the rest. But in-between these few 1.5k rapid fires, I was hit for about the same as your vapor form (~11.5k) but by [shadow Assault]. Shadow Assault is a Thief underwater skill - Spear 5. I wonder if these two things are related. The only difference seems that you saw you hit yourself with your vapor form. I saw "(World) Gold Footman hits you for..."

Note: I was unable to mouse-over [shadow Assault] to get a tooltip, it had the [] brackets, but was not the same tooltip color as things like [Rapid Fire]. Also note that this was not [smoke Assault] - a ranger/pet skill. It was most definitely [shadow Assault]. I took a screenshot, but can't post it until I get home from work.

Note 2: This was on the snowy ridgeline above NWC, below NWT. Nowhere near any body of water that could make [shadow Assault] even a possibility...

Vapor Form shows up in the combat log like that. It will say "vapor form healed you for 17k" when you activate it, then say "vapor form hits you for 17k" when it ends. As to why you insta-downed, not really sure. Usually when that happens to me I got condi bombed in down-state before I could vapor form.

The other thing to remember is that vapor form is not mist form. While mist form makes you invulnerable to anything, with vapor form you can still be CC'd. Maybe another weaver was running lightning rod and you vapor form'd through a static field?

Archived