Any good herald builds for pve?

LucianDK.8615

Been looking at metabattle, but the site seems broken to me.

Had a long absence until PoF. Ive tried renegade, but I find the spirits terrible to deal with. So I am looking to get back on Herald, but how is it looking now? Sword/sword? Offhand sword looks tasty now with shadowstep and cc.

i run power herald sword sword and staff. your second legend is up to you depending on content like in pof areas with all the condi go with the demon for condi cleans if you need to get quicknes go assion if you need reflection go centor and you will be ok. i am useing the meta power suport build and am haveing almost no issues.

The herald builds are... passable. They're good with unorganized pugs or when solo, but meh when it comes to other groups. The build is something like this:

Gear: All berserkersRunes: x6 rune of the scholarSigils: Force/Lightning

Weapons: Sword/Sword + Staff or Hammer

Devastation: Vicious Lacerations, Assassin's Presence, Swift TerminationInvocation: Forceful Persistence, Incensed Response, Rolling MistsHerald: Hardening Persistence, Shared Empowerment, Elder's Force

Damage rotation is fairly simple. Use Sword 2 and Sword 4 when off cooldown. Swap legends and maintain their upkeep skills whenever possible. With Glint, unload the facet of elements immediately after swapping to Glint. With Jalis, use Vengeful Hammers. With Shiro, use Impossible Odds. Spam F2 when it is off cooldown. The only big things to consider is which legends you'll use:

Glint: Use this if solo, or if your team doesn't have good buffs.Shiro: Use this if you're fighting single enemies, or if you don't need GlintJalis: use this if you're fighting groups of enemies, or if you don't need Glint.

Generally you'll be using Glint/Shiro, which can do 26k DPS on a single enemy. Also, it will might cap you and give permanent swiftness, fury, and protection. If you're on a team with good boons already, run Jalis/Shiro. Maintain vengeful hammers and impossible odds, and you can do up to 29k DPS. If you need more survival, Glint/Jalis is really hard to kill.

As far as DPS goes, not really. Condi renegade caps out at 31k on a small target. Power herald at 29k isn't significantly less. Although the 'sperger in me is upset that its below the 30k mark.

There are some utilities that power rev won't have. It isn't as good at group might stacking, group healing, boon stripping, or AoE damage. But the power damage is reliable, and the self sustain on the Herald build is insane. I've literally solo'd the clockheart on the build I just posted. Also, group fury and protection are pretty useful at times. Finally, the CC of the power build is utter nuts. I have also solo'd the Modrem Wyvern Matriarch with it.

Huh, I see, that does make it more bearable, yes. Hum, i get that about unleashing facet of elements, though im uncertain what the other 2 non elites should be unleashed for, or just kept for upkeep. I asume using the elite skill too if not blowing it for cc.

Also, the use for the F2 skill?

@schmots.6803 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I've literally solo'd the clockheart on the build I just posted.

I can't take a single Champ solo. Most two hit kill me, some one hit kill me. I am running the exact setup you posted, except I recently switched offhand sword for shield to get the extra minor heal with shield5

It may not seem like it on paper/in your head, but off hand sword actually gives you much more survivability than shield does...

Shield:

• Two minor, minor, miiiiinor heals (Whatever.)
  • Protection (You already have this.)
  • 3 second block every 25 seconds (3 seconds seems long, but in PvE this is likely only blocking one attack that you could have probably just evaded/easily sidestepped anyways)

OH Sword:

• Immob for kiting.
  • Deathstrike to get out of immobs.
  • Chill and Slow--both of which greatly reduce incoming damage.
  • Two high damage skills to spam from Glint to end the fight faster.

@schmots.6803 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I've literally solo'd the clockheart on the build I just posted.

I can't take a single Champ solo. Most two hit kill me, some one hit kill me. I am running the exact setup you posted, except I recently switched offhand sword for shield to get the extra minor heal with shield5

You still can't stand in the fire. Champ soloing is mostly about technique and knowing their abilities. The Clockheart gets special mention because the strategy for him is to face-tank it. But, if you want the champ soloing tips...

(1)Most base game champs can be solo'd just by kiting and auto attacking with a ranged weapon.(2) Use your evades well. Aside from your regular dodges, you have several others to use:Sword 3Staff 5Staff 3Hammer 3(3) Facet of Light is overpowered. It isn't just an invulnerability skills, it is one of the best heals in the game. Use this to soak up a lot of damage while also getting all your health back.(4)Most of your sustain will come from life leeching and vengeful hammers. There's a surprisingly large amount of life steal in the melee builds.(5)If you are fighting a champion that spams projectiles, swap one legend for Ventari and block all of their attacks.

Back in the day when Revs were very much desired in Fractals/Raids....

Generally, you upkeep all facets (including nature (F2) for boon duration) except elements. The idea is that you get as close to 0 energy as you can without hitting 0, then legend swap. Sword 2 and 4 in the rotation should leave you with enough energy to upkeep all except elements before swapping without hitting 0. When done correctly, you will never have to recast facet of nature.

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Hrm, shiro seems much harder to use than jalis. Cant really use any skills beside autoattack if you dont want to run out of juice before legend swap is up

My Shiro rotation usually goes something like, "Enchanted Daggers, Double tap F2 for max elder's focus boon fuel, Turn on impossible odds." Sometime's I'll do a phase traversal instead for the quickness if I need to gap close anyways. Then just AA+sword 2. You do your sword 3/4/5 when yer in glint and have unlimited energy.

My doughter runs a condi/hybrid herald with carrion gear + exuberance rune ( and can easily beat champions.). It's a very uncommon build but flexible and stable for less experienced play.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8un3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlJNgDWgdpmuyO92nH-jVCBQBU4gAoCND2QPQ02fwHq/ETlgLT5XEOBAA4JAEAABgrb0j2oHtRP6RTKAWVWB-wAnd don´t overlook that it maintains over 60% crit rate + doing good condi damage ;-).

Archived