Empty my wallet for a new toon?

Probably the dumbest question ever, but is there a way for me to empty the wallet when creating a new toon? I want to experience the "poor-newb-stage" with a new toon, really earning the cash before buying new weapons etc. I've seen WP do it in his new playthrough (his new toons seems to start with 0 karma and 0 gold) but I have no clue how to do it.

Thank you!

Honestly, you can do the same by simply "self handicapping" yourself, and say you will only use gear you get form levels or drops. Also allow yourself to buy white gear from merchant if you absolutely need it.

That way the amount of gold or karma won't really matter.

Also, I don't think there is a problem keeping the Karma, not that much useful to buy from it anyways (or at least, you'd end up running around maps constantly to find stuff to buy.... would be faster to just ignore it). I don't think I've bothered buying gear for karma since my first character, except for the Temple/Orr armor.

@"joneirikb.7506" said:Honestly, you can do the same by simply "self handicapping" yourself, and say you will only use gear you get form levels or drops. Also allow yourself to buy white gear from merchant if you absolutely need it.

That way the amount of gold or karma won't really matter.

Also, I don't think there is a problem keeping the Karma, not that much useful to buy from it anyways (or at least, you'd end up running around maps constantly to find stuff to buy.... would be faster to just ignore it). I don't think I've bothered buying gear for karma since my first character, except for the Temple/Orr armor.

That's what I do when I want to make an 'independent' new character. I know some people keep track of how much gold/karma/etc. that character gets and allows them to use that, but I can't be bothered noting it down so I just don't let them use any. They can use only equipment they get from drops/story & level rewards, can't take anything out the bank and can only use skins they've earned. Sometimes I add extra rules if I feel like it, like they have to stay in their races maps, or have to move to a new map as soon as they're the right level.

If you want to start over completely from scratch the only way is to make a new account. A free account should be fine for this - some of the restrictions might be annoying (like not being able to use map chat) but most of them won't be relevant to a low level character, especially if you can switch back to your main account whenever you want.

@"Rousseau.1896" said:Probably the dumbest question ever, but is there a way for me to empty the wallet when creating a new toon? I want to experience the "poor-newb-stage" with a new toon, really earning the cash before buying new weapons etc. I've seen WP do it in his new playthrough (his new toons seems to start with 0 karma and 0 gold) but I have no clue how to do it.

Thank you!

Actually, watch carefully and you will see some other stuff (like skins) is already unlocked. If you want an empty wallet you have two options: spend everything or create a new account. I am guessing the second option would be preferable.

Archived