All unlimited-use mining tools will now strike four times instead of three when mining rich ore node

What exactly does this mean? Because I am using an unbreakable mining pick and still getting the same strikes as always. 3 sets of 3 strikes and the node breaks on the 2nd strike of the 3rd set. Someone told me other unbreakables have different strike patterns but mine has always had the 3,3,2 pattern before the node breaks and that has not changed. I tried several plat nodes and got 10 ores each time also.

Well it does not strike 4 times on rich nodes at all, thats the same animaition i got before with my unbreakable tool, 3,3,2 for hits before it breaks and 4,4,2 for ores. nothing has changed with my tools anyways. I thought this would mean we got extra ores or something for using Black Lion tools but I guess not.

@Moi.5013 said:Well it does not strike 4 times on rich nodes at all, thats the same animaition i got before with my unbreakable tool, 3,3,2 for hits before it breaks and 4,4,2 for ores. nothing has changed with my tools anyways. I thought this would mean we got extra ores or something for using Black Lion tools but I guess not.

Vendor-bought tools, and a few perma-tools, double-hit on the last swing, regardless of animation - look at the Exp granted. A Rich node has 10 hits, so you'd get 4-4-2 on some tools and 3-3-3-1 on others. This should now be normalised to 4-4-2 on all tools, if I read the notes right.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 Correct. I get the feeling for those who use Glyph of Bounty, this includes us under the 'rich' node update from the patch . . . if one is lucky enough to get four or more strikes on an otherwise normal node outside of plants.

Wood works in a specific manner now . . . if sometimes iffy: I've noticed I've gotten four wood on one animation. But if I got five, it would show three on the first and two on the second. If I got six, it would be three on the first and again three on the second. Only if I got four, did all four deliver with the first animation.

3 strikes = 1 animation4 strikes = 1 animation3, 2 strikes = 2 animations3, 3 strikes = 2 animations

This was a welcome — and another undocumented — change since I loved the extra material, but hated the added animation for just one extra piece.

Edit: This also appears to be the case for normal metal nodes and certain currency nodes when using Glyph of Bounty.

Oh so some of the unbreakable tools required you to to go through the 3 tap mine animation 4 times on rich nodes? I guess i was confused because mine have always been the 3 times and I was expecting something different after reading the patch notes. Thanks for clarifying.

@Moi.5013 said:Oh so some of the unbreakable tools required you to to go through the 3 tap mine animation 4 times on rich nodes? I guess i was confused because mine have always been the 3 times and I was expecting something different after reading the patch notes. Thanks for clarifying.

Yes, correct. Some of them would get three resources per user button press, and some would get four resources. (The unbound magic tools, for example, had four resources per button press.)

Now all of them have four. Normal tools still have three, meaning they are respectively three and four human actions to fully mine a rich node.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:Now all of them have four. Normal tools still have three, meaning they are respectively three and four human actions to fully mine a rich node.No, the regular tools have been 4-4-2 on rich nodes for a
long
time!

Hah! Welp. That is nice. I guess I used unlimited tools for way too long to notice that. :)

Archived