Golden Black Lion Chest Key - how do you get one?

From the patch notes yesterday:

• Added a delete-by-name confirmation for the Golden Black Lion Chest Key.Source

Apparently, it exists, but, look at the Discussion page, it was added May 3rd of this year. There's little info on it. As you can see on the wiki page, it gives a higher drop rate for uncommon items. I don't know if that includes Rare or Super Rare. But apparently, a player out there had one and accidentally deleted it, hence the change above.

But the question is... how do you get one?

If ArenaNet was smart, they'd throw you a bone and give you a decent chest drop once in a while... but it seems their finance department is so greedy that they'd rather telegraph that it's not worth ever buying keys to the smart people, just so they can capitalize on whales with more money than common sense instead (nevermind the people with addictive personalities they're exploiting).

• 10 months later...

I completed a map got the chest reward and it was a was a normal BL key so bought a chest from the TP opened the box and got 3 Golden keys from it, So i bought 3 more chest from the TP, All 3 chest i opened had a rare skins one for 168 gold one for 79.99 and one worth 58, plus other items u usualy get, So you can get lucky

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@Etienne.3049 said:Three of them is a rare drop from the Black Lion Chest (or so the preview tells me).

Thanks. And that is... insanely ironic. You need a key to get a better key. :/

I once dropped these keys and then another from using the rare one. Double RNG extravaganza. Other loot was still trash but I smiled for half a second.

@Amante.8109 said:If ArenaNet was smart, they'd throw you a bone and give you a decent chest drop once in a while... but it seems their finance department is so greedy that they'd rather telegraph that it's not worth ever buying keys to the smart people, just so they can capitalize on whales with more money than common sense instead (nevermind the people with addictive personalities they're exploiting).

Well, I can't really confirm this, other then own experience.I buy keys once every 2 months.Last time i got 25 keys and got 5 special items (worth 4500 gems). Thinking i was doing great, I bought another 25 (because at least 1 should have a special item right?) and NOTHING! And this isn't the first time. So I think somehow there is a special code behind the droprate.Maybe someone can confirm this..

Archived