Photo Mode Declaring as a kit?

InsaneQR.7412

Disclaimer: I am not a main engi nor do i play it much, this is rather an idea that came to my mind to improve build diversity.

What if PF Mode would be a kit? Kit traits could be ajusted so they have an effect if using a kit plus a bonus effect on the specific one of the trait.Like i.e Juggernaut: Gain might while wielding a kit, Gain stability and might when using a flamethrower. (This is just an example not a suggestion)This way you could build a "Kit-Holo" that enhances Holomode but also emphasizes on kits/kit traits.

Dont know if this is a good idea or not, a second opinion would be welcome.

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:Disclaimer: I am not a main engi nor do i play it much, this is rather an idea that came to my mind to improve build diversity.

What if PF Mode would be a kit? Kit traits could be ajusted so they have an effect if using a kit plus a bonus effect on the specific one of the trait.Like i.e Juggernaut: Gain might while wielding a kit, Gain stability and might when using a flamethrower. (This is just an example not a suggestion)This way you could build a "Kit-Holo" that enhances Holomode but also emphasizes on kits/kit traits.

It would open up more integration with the core class. As Chaith said, it would functionally be a buff.

These traits would see potential use with it:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:What if PF Mode would be a kit? Kit traits could be ajusted so they have an effect if using a kit plus a bonus effect on the specific one of the trait.Like i.e Juggernaut: Gain might while wielding a kit, Gain stability and might when using a flamethrower. (This is just an example not a suggestion)This way you could build a "Kit-Holo" that enhances Holomode but also emphasizes on kits/kit traits.

It's bad enough that Holosmith is objectively better than core and Scrapper, but making Photon Forge a kit on its' own is a bad idea.

If Photon Forge was a kit, then the Holosmith would have even bigger sustain than it already has from traits like Backpack Regenerator. There should be more traits that benefit kits rather than the Holosmith. Juggernaut benefits the Flamethrower, Grenadier benefits the Grenade Kit, Short Fuse benefits the Bomb Kit.

The more traits that benefit kits and benefit core engineer, the better. Holosmith players have nothing to lose when not using kits.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:What if PF Mode would be a kit? Kit traits could be ajusted so they have an effect if using a kit plus a bonus effect on the specific one of the trait.Like i.e Juggernaut: Gain might while wielding a kit, Gain stability and might when using a flamethrower. (This is just an example not a suggestion)This way you could build a "Kit-Holo" that enhances Holomode but also emphasizes on kits/kit traits.

It's bad enough that Holosmith is objectively better than core and Scrapper, but making Photon Forge a kit on its' own is a bad idea.

If Photon Forge was a kit, then the Holosmith would have even bigger sustain than it already has from traits like Backpack Regenerator. There should be more traits that benefit kits rather than the Holosmith. Juggernaut benefits the Flamethrower, Grenadier benefits the Grenade Kit, Short Fuse benefits the Bomb Kit.

The more traits that benefit kits and benefit core engineer, the better. Holosmith players have nothing to lose when not using kits.

Well thats a fair point i agree with. In a buff nerf scenario as other mentioned i would still like to see it because it would integrate the specialization more into core and would open up some build diversity.For scrapper they should actually improve the core mechanic. Maybe replace the F1 withFunction Gyro and Function gyro can now be traited in different ways. On default its a heal/revive area and stomps the first enemy that goes down state in it. Would make it more interesting as a specialization and would integrate scrapper more into the class because F1 counts as a toolbelt. Or probably some other option to improve the function gyro because its pretty niche atm.

Mechanically, there is a little difference between PF and kits: unequipping a kit with the skill button / activating a different kit does not cancel the kit's abilities currently casting. PF always cancels PF skills when it gets deactivated, which makes sense because this allows you to always cancel the passive heat generation immediately.

@Silinsar.6298 said:Mechanically, there is a little difference between PF and kits: unequipping a kit with the skill button / activating a different kit does not cancel the kit's abilities currently casting. PF always cancels PF skills when it gets deactivated, which makes sense because this allows you to always cancel the passive heat generation immediately.

Interesting, thats a nuance i havent noticed (as before mention i am not the most proficient with engineer).Although my proposal was mere a declarative thing that allows trait interactions and not going into the knitty-gritty mechanics here.

Archived