Malice buildup on siege

DemonSeed.3528

I've had this small problem for quite a while now, it has to do with building up malice on siege. Basically what I do is mark let's say a ram, and shooting it with my rifle I can get malice to build up easily via the crits. However when I try it with my d/p set, after I mark the siege, no matter how much I crit it is not building any malice except 1 dot. Is this normal? I am not sure about the other weaponsets but dp is just not doing anything except 1 malice. I think there was a mention of something like this before? Stuck on the 1 malice but I can't remember the post.

i do get malice on d/p, tho because of animations using anything other then AA on d/p is DPS loss on the ram so i find myself often spamm only AA to not gain malice. then i switch back to rifle.AA does not give malice as it doesnt cost ini.

Ok, that kind of makes sense as I probably did not notice since I AA and spam 3 on rifle at same time, I will check further with using ini skills on dp, ty for that. I just automatically assumed there would be build up from crit hits. On the tooltip it says "causing your initiative attacks to generate malice when they hit or critically hit your target" so doesn't that also mean any AA hits that crit too? Or just specifically talking about hits that use initiative/initiative hits that crit (this seems kind of redundant if that is the case). If it is strictly only on initiative usage, they should think about maybe considering crit hits from aa as well.

Archived